Icewind Dale: ToEE - Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Allyx, May 7, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ok, doing it as an add-on is quite possible. Good idea.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I'm just thinking about die hard purists who want the vanilla experience... plus it gives us option of making alternative mod add-ons if need be.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah. Simple to do, my idea is we just put all the files in one mod, then 'activation' files in the add-ons, then there's no conflicts.

4. FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson Established Member

Hey guys, just became aware of this great effort! I am a fan of pretty much all the infinity engine games. At one time I put a lot of effort into trying to convert IWD1 to IWD2 (IWD1Tutu), but I ran into a lot of issues with creatures that could not easily be re-scripted automatically for the IWD2 engine. I'm curious if you guys are including IWD1 in the conversion mod for ToEE or if this is out of scope for you guys.

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@FredSRichardson We already have a functioning demo of this mod available on ModDB.com which includes the entire Prologue chapter of Icewind Dale 1.

You are more than welcome to download it, try it out, and help with the future efforts of converting the remainder of the conversion if you wish to do so.

6. FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson Established Member

@Allyx - awsome news! I think most of the issues I ran into were trying to map IWD1 resources to IWD2 resources - so that may not be an issue. Some areas were a real headache and IWD1 uses the "fog of war" very precisely. When that breaks you get swarms of enemies suddenly coming at you... area scripting is bit gnarly as well IIRC. I would definitely be happy to try and help with this. Love these games!

Our Host!