Icewind Dale: ToEE - Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Allyx, May 7, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

I thought your decision was to have the conversion be firstly true to the original game, and then any New Content, enhancements and tweaks would come later, no?

I am OK with whatever direction you want to take your project.

I like the idea of adding tweaks and enhancements now, so you only need to do the work one time.

I like all three choices - sorry not much help to you...

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I'm erring on the side of caution currently, it'll be far easier to swap a couple of deities around so Auril isn't playable, and put at least one (possibly 2) deities that have the missing domains where players can select them.

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

How about keeping Auril and leaving it as a stub for later expansion?

4. xraygord

xraygord Member

So I still haven't been able to play IWD. Well I can play up to when it crashes. When I click the Add-on button, I am told there is no add ons. I first put IWD patch in the Root folder. Didn't work so I tried putting it in the different add on folders. Still nothing. :(.

5. Allyx

Are you using the newest version of the modpack (Demo FINAL)? The pŕcious releases crash fix is included in the new modpack. If so, at which point is it crashing on you?

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hey Al,

Sorry to be making apologies yet again but I have been out of action the last week with the extremely virulent flu that is going through the south this winter. I recommend everyone up north get their flu shots when the time comes.

7. Allyx

@Shiningted No need to apologise, it seems I've made the deity alterations in the final version on the wrong temple.dll and a number of other previous fixes are wrong as a result.

I'm going to add all the other maps artwork into the game first, then fix the .dll once all the map numbers are set. I can't remember how to switch the worldmap locations around though.

8. Allyx

Ok, the Demo FINAL now has a patch to fix the worldmap travel issue mentioned a few days ago, I had to re-add all the deity alterations as I couldn't find the temple.dll I altered before anywhere. The new deity list is slightly altered from the previous version, Auril has replaced Umberlee as an NPC only deity, and Mask has been put in Auril's old spot, also Yondalla has been restored as the Halfling God (I never noticed that Yondalla was in fact on the list of Faerûn Gods the whole time and I missed it completely) in place of Brandobaras.

9. Shiningted

Hey Al,

Got the maps and about to start the sectoring. What I will do is post combined packs of map / dlg & py file for each location (The dlg files are finished but untested, so I will spawn an NPC on the map and test each one in situ).

10. Allyx

Awesome, I think I partially sectored Kuldahar's outdoor map, I haven't added the other related map files yet or removed the old data for the maps I'm replacing yet either. Do you need a copy of my ground.mes to see where each of the new maps are going?

Also I still have just under half of the games maps to edit and split.

11. Shiningted

Yeah, ground.mes would be good if you already have plans for where you want things to go.

12. Allyx

It's ok, I didn't get all that far with it anyway, I staggered into this problem and stopped.

13. cork

cork Member

So, are you guys doing Icewind dale or icewind dale II?

14. Allyx

@cork The first one currently, Icewind Dale.

15. Shiningted

Yeah, I don't have anything sensible to say about the locations - if you want to change them then do so by all means. If you want to change the buttons etc on the worldmap I can do that but that will mean changing the pathing which I can't do.

Which locations are we talking about? Dorn's Deep or something?

Our Host!