Ice cracking sounds

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Ax Thrower, Jul 26, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Methinks Gaear has hit the nail on the head.

Ax thrower, can you post the relevant bits of whatever you changed to make this work? (schemelist.mes or whatever it was.)

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

There was a tv special on the Alaskan crab fishermen and it had all the the sounds in it. The Bering Sea in winter! Monster storm with high winds and crackling ice. Can you tape something like that and use the audio?

3. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

Since I am not at work with my working installation and my (free internet) is down while my neighbors are on vacation.... I modified the schemelist. mes to 3900, the last one being 3800.... I played the audio and it worked fine however when I went to the map all I get is a clicking sound... as to what I want the last few posts have nailed it... I need a mp3 file that is about 5 minutes long to loop (that might be part of the problem that it is not long enough.) with a mixture of howling winds, crackling ice and storm sounds.. What one would expect spilunking in ice caves.

The other thing I need is a series of slides of a d&d looking sailing ship moving across a screeen... something along the lines of " Pirates of Darkwaters" to give the effect that the pc's are sailing into the distance on the corsair...

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Did you also add 3900 to schemeindex? The one points to the other, so they both have to reference the same number. Also, what format is your audio file in? .wav and .mp3 should both work for sound effects. You might also report your bitrate and sample rate for the file. The duration of the file will not affect playback.

5. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

The clicking sound may occur due to a huge amount of sound at the start
    of the file. You might want to try fading in the beginning and the end. This
    could help...

6. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

using mp3 however I have not played with the bitrates... what is the recommended bit rate... Yes I also put in the 3900 in the schemeindex.. It was playing the birds and the bees prior to me changing it as noted below... ah well something for me to play with today while I am supposed to be working

7. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

got my howling wind working.... yay:chainsaw: :chainsaw:

8. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  9. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Cool sound. Sounds really scary. :)

10. krunch

krunch moving on in life

nice sound

The text should read fingers...caress, not fingers...caresses.

11. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

@ Krunch... thanks for the spelling correction... I am going to redo the slides using paint.net to put in the text and adjust the color schemes.. I found a boat on Google Sketch and exported the ship in different places to make the sides,.,, does it need to be shorter or is it at an ok length.. need some pointers as this is something we really haven't added to many of the mods yet...:chainsaw:

12. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Dude, you got the wrong kind of ship - by the looks of the one docked in Nulb its a Junk. ALso I'm hoping that the animation was just a "lets see how this looks" thing or concept if you will, cos it really looks that way to me.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  13. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

at this point that is the only one I can find... tried making one myself and it was a sorry attempt at building a junk.... (that's what I thought it looked like also..) yeah.. I've been working with it.. adding more slides, reducing the lag time, adding fog to the view, moving text.. etc.. so it is DEFINITELY a work in progress.. now if someone has a gmax or like model that is more to our beloved nulb vessel... I would love to have it,...

14. Bob Corncob

Bob Corncob Maverick Moon Miner

Did a quick search and found this site: http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/preview.aspx?ModelCode=2707

Site says sign-up is free and you can get 1 free model from what I saw. The link above goes to the page with about 20 different formats of a model of a junk, including 3ds. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

For a first attempt, I think I like it :) Can't wait to see the next incarnation.

How were you thinking of doing the waves / sea? Or just having so much obscuring mist its not a concern?

Our Host!