I Never Knew I Could Do X Until Just Now...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UniversalWolf, Jul 28, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Giving all those poor girls a sight to see and corrupting their innocence.

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Never had it happen with an animal companion, but if you let your familiar out, people will comment on ITS lack of clothing.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

One night I walked down the street with my familiar out, and I got more than snide remarks :blush:

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

^ What's your familiar? A Snake? ::)

Anyway, back on topic - not sure if it's been mentioned, but it took me a while to realize that like everything in TOEE interface, the initiative lineup is interactive, so you can drag the portrait of your currently active party member to adjust the order - a lot more effective than "skip turn" at times.

5. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

It's REALLY a nuisance when they pet my familiar, or want to play with it. And they always pay more attention to my familiar. I have a FACE too, you know! :roll:

And don't you just hate it when your familiar gets in the mud or starts poking around other people's things? Or worse, gets "familiar" with other people's familiars? :eek:mg:

6. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Yes, it's great to use to help your rogues into position to use their sneak attacks with flanking. Also nice to allow your characters with evasion and high ac to move forward and allow the enemy to swarm him. Then your mage drops a nice aoe spell on the crowd and watch them all go up in flames, freeze, and/or be zapped and die off. :)

7. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

You can also click on the enemies portrait to see where they are and who is going next, so you can concentrate your attacks on the next guy to go, so they never get a turn. That way you can leave the guy going last for last.

Or you can cast a spell on the bottom portraits instead of the character, so you know its gets to the right person.

8. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

You used to be able to do that even for concealed enemies, which made for some easy fights and extra XP from the naked ladies in Welkwood bog :0 It doesn't seem to work anymore though, work only for enemies you see ;(

You even used to be able to attack using those portraits, but I can't get it to work in 5.9.2.

Works for most targeting skills of spells. Is glitched for some also - multitarget spells can lose count; paladin "Lay on Hands" doesn't work on portrait.

9. vectner

vectner Member

I just saved Thrommel, he had an "accident" while in the temple and I was holding his sword for him. Well, when we left the temple he snatched it out of my hand. how rude! Well, I reloaded and this time I accidently dropped it on the ground just inside the temple door. We left and he thanked me for rescuing him. After that I went back inside and picked up the sword. I guess he doesn't bother looking for it on the ground, just in my inventory!

10. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I have also put his sword in the chest in the bandit tower to save it for someone better to use. :)

11. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Funny thing - after the Thrommel "accident" everyone in Omleth is aggro at me, despite me being nice enough to revive the guy.

12. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

WELL those unwashed peasants need to know their place. What is the world coming to when these lowborn misbegotten worms dare to think that they can raise arms against their superiors. :)

13. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

^ That's what she (my paladin) said haha

14. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Great (or strange, take your pick) think alike. :)

15. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

This is really cool to hear about Thrommel and his sword. I play by my alignment so Thrommel doesn't have any 'accidents' in my game. So I didn't know that Hommlet would rise up in arms against players carrying it. I'm not sure when that was added in but it is a good addition. :clap:

Our Host!