I can't enter the keep

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Dukk_Dodgers, Mar 29, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Dukk_Dodgers

Dukk_Dodgers Member

Hey everyone,
    I am SOOO psyched about this mod. But, I can't enter the keep. Game runs fine, I can talk to the gaurds, and I can go to visit the necromancer weenie, but how do I enter the keep? Thanks.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

When you first talk to the guards, the Corporal should appear and let you in. Unless you are specifically trying not to get let in - "no damn you I won't disarm, try and make me!" - you should be railroaded through the front gate preeeetty quick.

I'd just start the game again really, maybe the Corproal didn't show for some reason.

3. Dukk_Dodgers

Dukk_Dodgers Member

No, the corporal shows up, they ask me to disarm, and I say 'yes'. But nothing happens. Every time I talk to them, they keep asking me to disarm, and I always comply. At one point, I figured it might be my monk, because the whole 'should I put my hands in my pockets' question. I brought in a new party with no monk. I put away the bows, arrows, everything I could think of. When I talk to the others, they direct me to the corporal, but once I've talked to him, they won't let me talk to him again.

If it makes a difference, I never get a door icon on the gates.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hmmm... does the scribe show up? Becuase the Corporal and Scribe should have a tete-a-tete, take your details, disarm you (like it or not) then send you into the Keep. I don't know why that isn't working.

5. Dukk_Dodgers

Dukk_Dodgers Member

Yes, they're both there, though they don't communicate with each other. I can talk to each individually, but everyone directs me back to the corporal eventually. I tried again last night and I was getting an error message, so I'm going to load it again and see if that helps. Thanks for your time.

Our Host!