Huge winter storm coming, maybe...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necroticpus, Dec 23, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

There is a saying there are old pilots and bold pilots but no old bold pilots.
    They are dealing with mechanical or chemical devices like the explosive experts.
    I grew up in a small town in Northern Ontario and managed to survive for 30 years without once needing a gun. Bears wandering to town were not uncommon. I know of nobody who was attacked by a wild animal in all that time. We frequently went on canoe trips well off the beaten path.
    I moved to England and was savaged by a Staffordshire Bull Terrier in a public park.

2. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I knew it! We were worrying about the wrong animals. We need to be hunting the Staffordshire Bull Terriers!

3. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

teeth only with those

4. Hugh Manetee

It would certainly be exciting to see Necro bear fighting skills against a drug dealer's staffie pitbull cross.

5. Necroticpus

Are these another one of those killer dog breeds, like the rottweiller or the pitbull? I think it is because it's a bull terrier. They bite and then lock their jaws so they die without letting go?

6. Hugh Manetee

Staffs are a short stocky working dog incredibly fast and strong. Generally they make good familly dogs if they are well trained and execised. They are now being crossbred with pit bulls which are banned in England. The cross breeds are brutalised and used by thick teenagers as weapons and status symbols. When two groups of thicko youffs meet. They often "fight their dogs".
    One group of kids attacked a school kid around the corner from my house they knocked him down with a piece of wood and set one of these dogs on him. He was rescued by a 3 mothers taking their kids home from school. His foot looked like it had been mangled by a shark.
    When I got attacked the dog was too fast to kick. I just tried to keep my hands and face out of its mouth.
    There have been a couple of cases where famillys raiseing fighting dogs have lost children to their "pets"

7. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

In some of the GA patrol areas, it seems like every other house has a rott or a pit bull. Sheperd mixes are common too. Crime isn't decreased, but there are a lot of children injured.

Especially moronic are prople who keep wild animals or wolf or coyote mixes in the suburbs or nearby. These animals routinely injure family members.

My grandfather used to run a small herd of cattle north of Houston. He would routinely shoot dogs he found on his property. They belonged to people who lived nearby, and would pack together and run calves to death. They weren't feral and would probably pose no direct threat to people. But we would find one or more dead calves out on the property multiple times until the pack was cleared out.

So the problem is irresponsible people. Animals are just animals. Be knowledgeable about the area you are in, and you are probably safe enough.

Hold people directly criminally responsible for what their 'pets' do.

8. Necroticpus

A couple of years ago up here in Duluth, a chow attacked a smaller dog that was being walked by their owner and it was on a leash. The chow wasn't. It came ripping out of it's yard and took a friggin bite out of the smaller dog's chest and side, killing it. The dog was euthanized (sp?).

There was another genius up here who was raising an african king cobra. It bit him and he came very close to dying. He was charged with keeping and raising an animal that's not supposed to frickin be here in the first place.

People want pets but have absolutely zero clues on how to care for them. I would dearly love to have one of them $1800 british bulldogs and name him Lemmy or Lunchmeat but I know that I wouldn't maintain it properly because the breed itself tends to have a lot of health problems, do not do well in extreme temperatures (hot or cold) and you have to constantly wash between their wrinkles because they can get infected if you don't. Extremely high maintenance dogs, and expensive as !@#$ as well. Why do the coolest dogs have to be so delicate? If cared for properly, they look like short, stocky, barrel-chested, bowlegged slabs of hairy muscle that look like they would just as soon kill you as to look at you. That's their great defense for trouble. They look intimidating as hell but are really gentle and lovable dogs. That, and they have the greatest balance ever. They are little tanks that cannot be knocked over because they're low riders.

If I cannot have a british bulldog, I want this one....

That's not a photochop by the way. That the world's largest dog ever, Hercules, and he's from Massacheusetts somewhere. English mastiff is his breed.

The funniest thing about these pictures is the friggin leash. Like this guy could do anything to stop this dog if it decided it wanted to do something, lol. I would climb a tree and just get out of it's way!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

10. Necroticpus

These wingnuts up here are getting all bent out of shape because they're predicting another winter storm coming this weekend, supposedly with freezing rain more than snow.

*snore*

I was born here and gonna die here and I'm not getting all worked up about it. You deal with it. It's not like they haven't seen the same thing a hundred times before living here. I don't get it. Just use your head. If rain freezes, don't friggin drive. Seems like a no brainer to me. I think perhaps that is the sole problem here, people's capacity for abstract thought, or more precisely, the lack thereof. Get real! Man, these people bother me. I think they are doing it just to spite me.

11. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

And now for something completely different ...

Today, on "The Brain", we discuss Deja Vu ...

12. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Speaking of winter storms, apparently my computer got fried by a lightning surge. D'oh :(

13. maalri

maalri Immortal

Awww MAN! :( Most Sorry SA! Hope you get back up on yer own soon.

14. Necroticpus

We did get our freezing rain this morning. I heard some drunken tardbait spinning his wheels at about 2:00 this morning. I forgot to buy smoky treats at the store yesterday so I had to go out and walk to the store. I leave my front door and the first thing I see is a tourist not from Duluth stuck in my alley's snowbank because she thought it would be wise to drive on a sheet of glass in a town that is built on the side of a small mountain, lol. Duluth is all uphill/downhill. Makes driving in the winter challenging and even moreso when we get freezing rain. You just don't go out driving unless you got chains on your tires. Then you see all these people in their cute little ford taurus' and rice burners struggling to move even a foot in this stuff. Blows my mind.

Our Host!