Huge winter storm coming, maybe...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necroticpus, Dec 23, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I wanted to reserve this space because we've just been made aware here in Duluth, MN that the winter blizzard that is supposed to hit us maybe this weekend is going to absolutely dwarf the monster blizzard of 1991 where we got 37 inches of snowfall pretty much overnight. Those inches are just straight snowfall, not taking into accout the drifts, which were mostrously monstrous. This one is supposed to be the fist of God, winding up and punching Minnesota right in the neck. I do hope it is. I want to see some real winter like it was back in the 70s. I want the chimney to melt through the cap of snow over the top of the house.

If it happens, all pictures and movies will be posted here. Stay tuned.

2. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Keep it up there with you!

I've already had enough white-knuckle driving here to fulfill an entire Winter's needs!

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Take your time, guys. Arrive alive! :hug:

It's windy and cold here. It must be a BITCH up there!

4. Necroticpus

Well, the storm pussed out. We only got 19 inches. I'm sorely disappointed. I should've known better than to hope and take the weatherman's report at face value. They always exaggerate. It was supposed to dwarf 37 inches. Pffft. Barely even got half of that.

It will be a good workout tomorrow shoveling out. I can't wait until I'm all done and then the f!@#$%^& plow comes and plows-in the driveway and the alley sidewalk entry so I can reshovel what I just finished. I hope there's a special place reserved in hell for all snowplow drivers. Possibly the most hated people up here besides dentists, doctors, lawyers, police and anyone that's in a union or on welfare. And democrats/liberals.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  5. Necroticpus

I just condensed 13 weeks of marine basic training down to 2 hours. I just finished shoveling 19 inches of the heaviest, wettest, stickiest, slushiest, heaviest snow ever in the universe. This is no exaggeration. The bottom 3 inches of all the snow was slush, because of it being 27-30 degrees outside. Melted some of the snow and it all went to the bottom. Absolutely brutal.

So, the next war america becomes involved in, most likely the 2nd american civil war, I'm in. Liberals versus Conservatives. I'm in the best shape of my life. I'm going to form my own group of irregulars and hire out to the conservatives. The other men and I don't fight for no ideals. We fight for pure gold ingots. Long may the banner wave, as long as I get my $10 million in gold.

*lays out a trolltrap for GA*

6. GuardianAngel82

Thanks! I can use that. You're a real pal! :thumbsup:

After the conservatives and the liberals finish with each other, WE will take over. "Bland for Everyone!"

Celebrate National Moderates Week, shoot a Radical TODAY! ;)

7. Necroticpus

I have just one word for the people out there that think chopping 2-3 inches of ice off your driveway is easy...NOT!

Sometimes you get lucky and hit an easy patch that had some water running under it to undermine the structure. But generally, if you don't have that, you are going to get a workout that will leave you feeling that you just wrestled Rosie O'Donnell to a standstill.

Now I'm going to relax in front of computer, watch Gordon Ramsay scream at people while I play Yahtzee and have a nice warm Kaluha hot chocolate.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  8. Sokaijin

Sokaijin Established Member

I feel for ya', really I do. Digging out of that white stuff, and not having the pure and distinct delight of also chopping and splitting wood so there's heat to melt the snow from the chimney :shrug: I love the mountain snow, I love the mountain snow. . . rinse (mines Baileys and java) repeat.
    s

9. Necroticpus

That would rock like hell. I love chopping me some wood. I'm not sure how it would chop when it's frozen through, but I'd give it the old college try. And no friggin snowplows to come and plow you back in after you just finish shoveling. I could dig it, a lot. And after chopping the wood, go out and kill me a grizzly for breakfast, with nothing but a switch. Oh yeah babay, that's the good stuff.

10. Sokaijin

Sokaijin Established Member

Beleive it or not it's really not much harder frozen through, though the splitting with an axe sucks. Brother took the engine out of the splitter for his go-cart. Never killed a grizzly, with a stick or otherwise. hell, I've never even seen one close up. We've got moose, though. I haven't killed one of them either. Tags/processing are pricey. Elk is more to my liking.

11. GuardianAngel82

My father used to be a doodle-bugger. When he was in Alaska, the company gave him a .357 and told him that when he was attacked by a grizzly, to throw up his other arm, and when the grizzly bit it, to stick the pistol into the mouth and fire.

Could you set up a video camera before you kill the bear? ;)

12. Necroticpus

I've heard that you are supposed to put you head right underneath their chin and be on top of them because they aren't good at clawing in at themselves, only outwards. Then you keep stabbing them in the back with your bowie knife. If my original plans fails, that's what I'll do.

My plan is to jump on it's back, wrap my arms around it's neck and my legs around it's backside and use my whole body's strength to snap it's neck like a balsam wood toothpick.

13. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

I lived on a mining claim for awhile on the outskirts of a wilderness area.

No grizzlies, but one old female brown bear that was the source of many
    local stories and many black bears, Yellowstone reject bears that had no
    fear of humans.

I wore a .357 on my hip anytime I was outdoors and always had my 2 dogs
    with me. (Not that I had a choice about the dogs...they were never tied
    up and loved to follow me around.)

I started wearing the gun after I saw a bear (a black bear) running (away
    from me, tg). Quite a study...power in motion. Beautiful.

The long time locals in the area had all kinds of bear advice. They are slower running downhill. Pick a tree to climb that isn't small enough for a
    bear to knock down, but small enough where a bear's arms would reach all the way around the tree, thus not able to sink their claws in the trunk. If worst came to worst, fall down and play dead. Never ever get between a mother bear and her cub(s). Aim for the forehead (thus the .357), the eyes if you were a good enough shot, or the mouth if they were close enough.

I got in the habit of automatically sizing up the trees that were close by,
    especially if I suddenly felt nervous. Or if the dogs had their hackles up.

Almost shot someone once. The light was weird and I thought he was a bear. Learned a lesson from that. Climb first, shoot afterwards.

14. Necroticpus

Once when I was camping up in the BWCA, I was forced to kill a bigfoot thinking it was a large bear trying to intimidate me in the dark. The authorities covered it up because they didn't want to scare the tourist trade away and the hundreds of billions of people that go into the BWCA every year.

To this very day, I will never forget how brutally strong and cunning the bigfoots are. It almost had me if not for my quick thinking and fashioning a makeshift stungun from a rubber band, 2 paper clips, 1 toothpick and a wad of gum I was chewing at the time.

15. GuardianAngel82

Blacks are okay. It's the browns that will get ya. Shoot the eye or the mouth. The forehead won't penetrate enough.

They found a grizzly with scars on its forehead from a real tight pattern of buckshot. (REAL close range) The wounds had healed over. :eek:mg:

Our Host!