how to use meta magic feats?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Seree, Aug 17, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Seree

Seree Member

hey all o/
    i was forwarded to this forum from the official atari forum... :O hope i'll find help here.
    and yes before you ask.. i installed you patch after i got game crashes while casting eagles splendor on any of my party members in homlett, which apparently wasnt solved with this patch. i figured everytime i cast bless on the entire party before casting eagle splendors it worked... odd.. aint it? i blame the large map of homelett.

I followed the step by step guide here
    back to my original question.. i tried to search the forum for "meta magic" & "meta" but have only found 2 threads which doesnt seem to help me.. (i only ran over them..)

>
    i'd like to know how to use/activate meta magic feats like heighten, empower spell?
    i wasnt sure what to take with my cleric.. the create <item> feats sounded nice but as i saw that it requires exp to create items... well that scared me off. anyway i guess i will find most items anyway.. wont i?
    so i ended up taken this meta magic feats... but how do i use them now?

seree
    >

thanks in advance

seree

2. PharaunMizzrym

PharaunMizzrym Member

Well, item creation feats are really cool, especially Craft Magic Arms & Armor. You should consider taking this feat with your wizard or cleric or both :)
    The XP cost ain't that much and the game is balanced for 10th level characters max, after levelling above that it's becoming too simple.
    Try searching for Lord Plothos' Item Creation Tutorial.

As for Metamagic feats you activate them in your spellbook - you choose a spell to be Empowered/Maximized/Quickened/Widened and so on and then it appears in your spellbook as an accordingly higher spell. You need to use the blue dot next to the spell names.

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Glad to see you made it. I hope you find all the help you'll need here.

Lots of nice ToEE fans, you see.

:D

Our Host!