How to rescue Lareth

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by wizgeorge, Sep 15, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I'm in Burnes tower and Lareth has these magical particle effects on him and no dialouge except the small box text. Don't know what to do next. I don't have access to dispell magic.

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

If you have a character who at least has some use magic device, like a rogue or a bard, you can try to see if Burne has a scroll of dispel magic you can buy. Then hope the dice are nice to you and get Lareth free to take you to his tower of doom. :)

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Uh...you don't have to hope the dice are nice to you. ;)

4. wizgeorge

Had to do the Burne/Rufus fight a couple of times, but finally made it.

5. wizgeorge

Somehow I sold Lareths boots and even tho he was still alive in his tower the assassin came after me. My mistake. The temple is a Iuz/Zuggtmoy deal, but I guess someone hired Lareth for his talent. There's no deity listed in protos for Smigmal and Falrinth so I guess it's assumed that they're working for Hedrack/Iuz. The pnp module says Lolth sent him, but Zuggtmoy and Lolth aren't exactly the best of friends. Iuz could care less as long as he gets what he wants. The whole evil scenario is pretty muddled.

6. wizgeorge

I have decided Lareth isn't worth saving. Too much hassle. He has to go. My next group led by the great Drow Leader will take over the temple. Lolth will be pleased. She's in the deities list but not implemented. Too bad.

7. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

If you rescue Lareth from Rufus & Burne's dungeon, does Lareth become a vendor? If so, what stuff does he sell? Is it worth doing the whole recruit/rescue sequence with Lareth or just killing him for the items that he has when he is in his room in the Moathouse?

8. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

He has some ok stuff after he sets up in the tower, but I did not find it worth the headaches of the task of rescuing him. His inventory may get better with time, but I doubt it. I just laid him and his henchmen out for the count. The only main thing I can think is worth the trouble of saving him is that it makes the tower green safe to stay in. Not sure why the tower does not go green after you take out the bandits though.

9. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I had Lareth in my party in 5.5.0 and used him all over, including Verb. I think I was killing drow with him in the tunnels too. But you need to keep in him the party after he surrenders, dont let him get captured. When he tried to run away, tell him you will slaughter everyone in Hommlet each time and he stays. And dont take him to the broken tower either or he turns against you.

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

You know, I don't have a prblem with this. Its not like they have mobile phones: R&G hear the Moathouse is cleared, someone sells them Lareth's boots, so they activate plan B. The fact Lareth may be alive and thriving is not something they could know.

Our Host!