How to enable more skills in Char Editor

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by anatoliy, Jun 9, 2020.

Remove all ads!
  1. anatoliy

anatoliy Established Member

And even without my intervention current Skills rendering does not look good.

CharSkillsBugs.png

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Apparently it's that way due to the enlarged fonts (co8 modification). It's a fine opportunity to enlarge the boxes to fit bigger fonts, though.

anatoliy likes this.
  3. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

@anatoliy, are you editing temple+ to support modular new skills in the game, so they also show up in the UI for level up and inventory screen, and could be easier added through python? Have you been able to get inventory screen to show for new skills yet? I would be very pleased to know since my current solution was to use the activator Ted linked and just do a writeHex in temple+ to activate an unused skill so I could hijack it for autohypnosis which only shows in level up.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  4. anatoliy

anatoliy Established Member

@WinstonShnozwick, yes, I am trying to display more skills, than vanilla and T+ currently shows.

There are almost all skills from D&D present in the ToEE, but not displayed. I tried to enable them, with success to some point, but paint functions must be adjusted as well. Which is, frankly, quite hard, due to very complex disassemble code.

Therefore, due to lower priority of this feature, I have postponed it for a while.

As for feats - there are lots of new feats in T+, so why don't you add new yourself?

5. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Whoops my typo, I meant to type skill, not feat. I've got no problem adding new feats since they are almost entirely separated from the assembly thanks to temple+.

Speaking of feats though, another ui related thing that doesn't work currently is the inventory feat screen for characters. For all new feats added through python, if you click on them in that screen, it links to the base of the help wiki, and I was unable to figure out how to mod the wiki link at that area if you click or press h and click. Same for in level up with h.

Our Host!