Homlet is very very bugged

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by taltamir, Apr 26, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Correct. Normal movement, at normal speed, that terminates prematurely, before the command is completed. It occurs near the Welcome Wench and later near the Woodcutter and Farmer Percy as it gets worse. The distances moved become shorter, until the game becomes unplayable.

The confusion comes from people piling on to the thread with all sorts of unrelated movement issues that were mostly old news. Like the node slow down. Only a few who posted sounded like they were having similar problems.

No 'fix' that was applied had any effect on old saves or new games played up to that point.

The only other thing I've seen away from Homlett that is similar is when an encounter is not turning into combat, but you still can't execute a movement.

My feeling is that it is some sort of cumulative error associated with the signpost teleportation around Homlett. But the main places I moved to were the Guard Captain, the Trading Post and the Cabinet Maker to sell/buy things. Farmer Percy is not a place I travel to much after the start.

2. GuardianAngel82

I will try to play 5.8 up to where the problem occurs and then report.

3. Quint

Quint Member

The same thing just happened to me in Homlet. Party was stopping prematurely after commanded to move. Not sure if it matters, but I had just leveled the entire party to 10th level right before this occurred. Just finished clearing the 2nd level of the temple.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Had you recently done any crafting?

5. GuardianAngel82

Me? No crafting.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

No, I meant Quint, but by all means play your normal game GA, and thanks for testing.

7. Quint

Quint Member

I havent done much crafting yet. I think I created some Bracers of Greater Archery and enchanted two Mithril Plate Armor to +2.

Our Host!