Hoiw important is holy damage?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Bio-Mage, Jan 30, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage Member

I am currently playing Toffee (with all the patches and community fixes and additional content) with a party consisting of:

1 Human Paladin
    1 Dwarf Fighter/Thief
    1 Half Orc Barbarian
    1 Human Sorcerer
    1 Elf Druid

Along the way I also went for the random encounter bard and then got the Giant as well.

Although both my spellcasters have crafting feats, they are unable as it is obvious to craft any holy damage onto a weapon. So my question is this, is it possible to finish the game without it? If not, is there a NPC cleric I can use at least for crafting?

I think it would be nice if a there was an ingame enchanter to at least give that damage type or perhaps a few items with that already one it ?(save Thrommels bugged and vastlly overpowered sword). Maybe a quest that results in th weapons in a team being blessed?

I know you are about to release a new version of the Community mod, so I would like to request you consider including a feature like this to make the team build more flexible.

Thank you for all the hard work you put into this game. I should really have paid you for the game and not Troika because prior to this I could not play it at all :p

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Calmert in the church of St Cuthbert is able to sell a holy heavy mace +1 from the start of the game, a 7th level cleric with the good domain can also add this enchantment to weapons with the craft arms and armor feat.

3. Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage Member

Thanks for the reply, I know about the mace and the requirements for crafting. I was wondering if you had a ny comments for the rest of that question?

:)

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Ah, ok. Yes you can complete the game without holy weapons, but I would strongly recomend crafting Icy weapons instead, when you consider the balor (among other creatures) have damage reduction VS all but holy and cold weapon, hurting it would be a real PITA without either type (though a holy & cold weapon REALLY hurts it).

There are currently no good aligned clerics in the game that are recruitable, this will be remedied soon, but the chosen domains for this character are unknown to me at this time.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Protection and Strength

6. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

There are several holy weapons in the game that can be found. A holy longsword (recieved as a dowery for completing one of the marriage "quests"), a holy ranseur, a holy spiked chain, and a holy great hammer. Not a great selection, but they're there. There's also the holy heavy mace that Allyx mentioned.

Troika actually made things easier, in regards to the big nasty evil creatures and their DR. In the game, you can use cold or holy against them. In PNP, you need a holy weapon that is forged of cold iron. Actual "cold" damage doesn't factor into it at all.

7. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Ted, the domains should be Law and Strength for roleplaying purposes.

-EE

8. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

Before liv's mod i never crafted anything so it definitely was able to be beat without holy, and i still almost never craft holy either usually only +3

9. Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage Member

Thank you all. That was indeed very helpful :) looking forward to the next installment of your work.

Our Host!