Hmm... What would you guys think of...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whatsername74, Nov 23, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

starting an RP thread on here? I don't know what sort of roleplay or anything, but I RP on a couple sites and I think that alot of you are probably creative enough to do it as well.

I don't even know if this would be allowed. Maybe we could start another vBulletin site for it, or maybe a new group on MSN. Just let me know what you guys think.

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Some folks were interested in PBEM a while back...

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

What is PBEM?

btw I'm keen on the idea of RPing somewhere, I'll be the poolboy.

4. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

I used to play and run in a few campaigns in Hero Central: http://www.herocentral.net/home.htm;jsessionid=aLO8vGIM7_gg

It's optimized for HERO Games, but you could probably use the dice roller to put together a D20 game. I expect there are D20 sites similar to this, but I've never used them.

A good online RPG is actually a pretty big commitment. I was putting 3-4 hours per day into running mine, and a single adventure could take a few months to get through.

5. Old Book

Play by email.

6. whatsername74

I meant something a little different--not based on stats and such, but pure roleplay.

7. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I know what you meant; I was merely suggesting that some of those folks might be the ones interested in playing. Though, none of them seem to be responding to your query.

8. whatsername74

I'm soo bored right now.

9. Old Book

You're sitting at a low table in poorly lit tavern. The rain is pouring down outside, turning dirt paths to mud and muck and working its way with a grim inevitability through the thatched roof. Inside the main room is much less crowded than would normally be the case. Heat, smoke, and a variety of scents both savory and less so flow from the clay bricked fire place that also serves as the Taverns main oven. Other patrons mill in small groups near the fire place and in the corners. The tavern wench, red-faced, heavy and grease spattered in a blouse that has seen better days, ambles towards you.

"You want something more to drink, hon? Or eat? We got some baked pigeon and rabbit tonight, and bread. Lovely stuff."

10. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The heavy oak door to the tavern swings open and crashes loudly against the wall, a sound that is echoed by lightning striking a neaby tree. In the doorway stands a tall, bulky figure in a rain drenched long coat and a wide brimmed hat, taking one long stride into the tavern, he figure kicked the door closed behind him which caused the walls to shake and the windows to rattle, the other patrons of the tavern fell silent.

The figure tipped his hat to the the patrons of the tavern, the rainwater that had accumulated in the hat's brim splashed to the floor leaving a puddle on the floor. Taking his hat off and bringing down across his face slowly before hanging it of the coat stand by the door, he turns towards the wench. the man's complexion had a decidedly green tint to it, his lips split into a toothy grin, elongated canines overlapping the teeth on the opposite jaw. In a loud booming voice he spoke.

"Me Thog, Thog want food, Thog want beer, Thog want sleep."

Intimidating? Yes. Intelligent? Perhaps about as smart as a badger. The other patrons in the tavern went about thier drinking and conversations as the wench served the Half-Orc newcommer.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  11. Old Book

"Be right with you, dearie" called the tavern wench, sending a nervous grin towards the huge half-orc. Much of the scant crowd seemed to move away from the large newcomer, and you can't help but notice that the barman has reached beneath the bar-top in a matter he no doubt hopes to be inconspicuous.

The wench looks back down towards you, and you become uncomfortably aware that your table, with it's conspicuously unoccupied bench space is in Thog's direct line of sight.

"If you want anything, hon, you'd best order now. I'll have to go deal with the big fella soon."

12. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

You quicky order some bread and a beer, and watch as the wench hurrys off to deal with Thorg.

"Ello," says a voice from behind you giving you a fright, "mind if I sit here."

You turn to look and see a new comer in a black long coat and a wide brimed hat dripping with rain water. He must've just come in but no one seems to have noticed.

He sits down without waiting for a reply, removes his hat and calls at the the wench, who suddenly seems quite flustered being flanked by Thorg and the new comer.
    "Umm, yes, can I help you sir?" she asks
    "What've you got for food here?" the new comer asks
    "Well we got some baked pigeon and rabbit, and bread. umm its really good."
    "Ooo. Me have bunnies." piped in Thorg "Bunnies, bunnies, Thorg like bunnies in a bun. What you like Big Fido?"
    "Yeah I'll have the rabbit as well thanks, and a beer, and let poor Thorg sit down he's not the brightest cookie in the shed."
    With that the wench scurries off past a confused looking innkeeper to get the food.

13. whatsername74

Kestrel was pulled away from her thoughts and turned to face the matronly, if a bit sweaty, wench. "Uhhh..."

Just as she was formulating a response, a big, greenish sort of thug walked in, causing Kestrel to recoil slightly in spite of herself. Someone invited himself and, much to her dismay, the hulking green thing, to sit down, and she nodded her assent. Can't really say no.

"I'll just have some tea," she called after the harried serving wench.

She shrunk away from her tablemates ever so slightly. She couldn't decide whether it would be better to make eye contact or look away from them-making eye contact is an invitation to conversation, and staring at the table would be weak. She settled on looking over the left shoulder of the Green One.

14. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

The door opens again, with less force than before, as a figure in a large dark cloak steps in quickly getting out of the rain and closes the door. The figure looks around for a moment then moves to a vacant corner. sheding the cloak, shaking the water from it before drapping it over an empty chair at the table the man props a bow and quiver in the corner before sitting down.

He is an average looking man lean of build, his long dark hair streaked with silver doesnt really match is face which seems to belong to a younger man. dressed in plain leathers he appears to be just another huntsman caught out in the weather.

He sits back stretching a bit as he waits for the wench to notice him and looks around the common room again.

15. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The serving wench wipes the sweat from her brow with the grubby looking sleave on her arm.

"I'll be needing a pay rise if my workload continues to increase at this rate much longer, I've shed a halflings weight in sweat in the last half an hour, and the night is still young."

"Heh, you'll be lucky Perl." was the barman's response, as he fiddled with the handle of the club he kept under the bar in case of emergencies.

Perl disapeared into the kitchen, and returned with two plates of the chef's special, and a cup of tea for the young lady sitting with the newcommers picking up two mugs of beer from the bar as she meandered her way through the crowd in the common room.

"I'll be right with you hon', just gimme a sec." she said as the huntsman in the doorway caught her eye, she set the tea, beer, and rabbits at the table. Thog picked up his rabbit before the plate touched the table and took a huge bite out of it. Had the rabbit been alive Thog's bite would have proven to be instantaneously fatal for the rabbit. Perl though to herself that the Half-Orc would have probably eaten it even if the rabbit was still alive.

Perl, now turning to the woodsman asks with a smile, and a wink,

"What can I do you for young sir?"

Last edited: Nov 25, 2006
Our Host!