History/Interview Questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by skyesilver, May 15, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. skyesilver

skyesilver Member

Hello everyone, new here and it’s possible I just haven’t found it but am beyond curious to learn about the history of the game and the mod. All threads I see are about installing and usage.

I’m curious about what EXACTLT was changed and added with the mod. I’m pretty sure the original game ended at zuggtmoy but I just appeared in Verbobonc, which is let’s say HUMONGOUS. Was this a map troika created and had to cut? Is this entirely new? It would be awesome to have a pinned thread or post that details all this history verbobonc and beyond.

if this exists and someone can point me at it that would be great. Or if someone wants to write something up also great. OR OR if someone would take some time to just message with me that would be excellent.

this game is amazing, the support is amazing, this needs to be archived for all

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The Verbobonc map in all it's glory was created by Gaear. I'll let others discuss the history, it is indeed a tale worth recording.

skyesilver likes this.
  3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

You'd probably want to browse threads from around 2006. I think that was the Co8 heyday.

4. skyesilver

skyesilver Member

I’ll take a look!

5. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

The "New Content Subdirectories" will probably answer most of your questions...

6. skyesilver

skyesilver Member

That kind of was the ticket! I found this files.co8.org/docs/Circle of Eight Modpack 8.1.0 - Release Notes.txt which answers my questions as I read through.

I would still recommend that the Co8 leaders put something together in a little more presentable fashion, and not even for me at this point but for themselves to get the credit they deserve. Troika is hard enough to learn about would be a shame for any of this to get lost or mis-credited. Maybe I'm just overstating the importance though! I'm big on game preservation of all types.

Just brainstorming but like a 10-15 page PDF outlining the team, process, and clear delineation of entirely new content vs restored content vs etc... But that off course would be a fair amount of work. Thanks for the responses guys, Back to Verbobonc for me

7. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Glad I could help!

8. Shiningted

When you've finished playing with the new content, we made a whole new module.

anatoliy likes this.
  9. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

And then some

10. skyesilver

skyesilver Member

well shucks don't tease me like that! we talkin "The Keep on the Borderlands?" I'm only passingly familiar

11. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Shattered gates of Slaughterguard

12. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Icewind Dale in ToEE has a playable demo available somewhere on this forum.

13. Shiningted

Shattered Gates of Slaughtergard
    can certainly be played beginning to end, (some polishing and quests around town awaiting release) and KotB 1.0 likewise works beginning to end - many hours of play there :) - albeit with a few empty areas awaiting v2.0.

14. skyesilver

skyesilver Member

Thanks for the Recs, still loving my time with the game and will probably eat all this content up before moving on

Our Host!