Hickory Branch

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Stohrm Knightforger, Dec 30, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Stohrm Knightforger

Stohrm Knightforger Dwarven Cleric

I looked elsewhere to see if there had been any mention of this, but didn't find it; so here goes...

I seem top have run into a little problem with Hickory Branch causing CTD's. I believe it may have something to do with a bug I encountered when looting one of those pesky goblinoids.

I found Hickory Branch to be loads of fun, in spite of being a 'walk in the park'. After all, if one equips all but one of one's characters with ranged weapons; one can pick off almost every creature in there one-by-one (if so inclined). Otherwise, a fireball or two tends to take care of the buggers rather nicely.

I digress though; as the true situation is this: I've killed most of the creatures, but can't get back there now as the game CTD's everytime I try.

As I mentioned above, I suspect the problem may have something to do with the inventory of one of the little goblins. After killing the creature (who so boldly and bravely, or brashly, ran up to my Barbarian...) and attempting to loot it; the javelin (or spear?), rocks (which I didn't want anyway) and leather armor instantly reappear in it's inventory (only down further).

One can loot the thing over and over again (provided you do so with a different character) and it's inventory continually reappears (popping back and forth from the top portion to the lower portion of it's inventory).

I think the reason I can't get back to Hickory Branch (now) is because that body has (probably) decayed and it's inventory is now causing major problems.

What I do know for sure is this: no matter where I travel to Hickory Branch from, when I get there the world map immediatley pops up and the game crashes immediatley thereafter.

One other piece of information that I should probably mention is that I've been using the Extraplanar Chest in order to minimize being overburdened; as there's a lot of loot to move. Whether that has played a role in the crashes (or not) I couldn't say, but it might be worth noting (should anyone endeavor to solve this "bug").

Anyway, I'm going to try and find my closest save point and see if I can work around this bug.

Be sure and let me know if anyone else has encountered a similar issue. Thanks.

Stohrm

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Check post #48 in the 5.5x Bug thread. It was a kobold at the north end of the ravine that was the only one that had bullets in its inventory. Otherwise it was exactly as you say. ;)

3. Stohrm Knightforger

Stohrm Knightforger Dwarven Cleric

Kobold, Goblin, whatever. It was a little fellow that ran up and got his skull split in two. In any case, I did manage to find a save not too far before that and replayed the scenerio such that he was killed where he stood and not by the rock. I looted him without using "take all" and successfully returned to HB a few times after that. I did refrain from using the XP Chest as well.

I will have to check out the post you mentioned though, so thanks.

Stohrm

PS. I'm looking forward to returning to HB and discovering what's behind door # 1.

4. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Door #1? That's a great choice! Uh, nice knowing you. Can I have your stuff? ;)

I haven't tried not looting all. Let's see if that helps.

Our Host!