Hickory Branch MOD (new)

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by krunch, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Sure. I'll send you a PM. Look for it.

2. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Ah, well... my Chaotic Neutral party can't get to the Hickory Branch :( Any ideas on whether it was intended to be so or whether it's just a little inconsistency? Mona doesn't give me any option for premonitions and/or the challenging adventure, no matter what I do. The only option I ever get is to free Serena for 500 gp. :(

- Agetian

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Check your PM mail, Agetian.

Shh!..no spoilers in the thread.

4. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Sorry, didn't know that was a spoiler. Deleting now.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Hi all:

I received the map when I asked for humor in all things when Mona asked, and my party is chaotic nuetral. I also had two large black squares on the map, kinda like something was supposed to be there but wasn't.

The fights were hard even for my high level party, lotsa fun though.

6. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

Krunch

I talked to Mona, and I asked for adventure, and she did not give me a map! Now I have I a t-shirt that says "I gave a wagon load of gold to some old gypsy all all I got was this crummy t-shirt (and a slave)." Kidding about the shirt, but realy, no map.

Can I still get to Hickory Branch if I console in the map?

7. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

So, I finished the HB mod (at least I think I did). My only one complaint is the lack of an area map so you can track your progress and make sure you didn't miss anything. Unlike that other added areas, it's really huge and very easy to lose track of which bunch of trees or which ramshackle building you've passed already.

Otherwise, good stuff. I'm working on looking over the list of creatures you gave me.

8. Agetian

Re: Krunch

Hmm, a little warning here: if you mean this post to be private for Krunch, please use the private messaging system. Otherwise, if it's meant as a bug report for Hickory Branch, the best place to report it is in a Hickory Branch thread. Even if you started a new thread, it'd be wise to name it somehow better than "Krunch".

To be merged with the Hickory Branch thread soon.

- Agetian

9. Agetian

OK, so I finally learned why I was unable to get to Hickory (kind of "early" I might add ;)) - it turns out that to even get to this mod, you need a character with high diplomacy (not sure how high since this time I didn't put diplomacy into anyone's skill list in my party). So, if you have no diplomacy, don't even consider getting to Hickory. I might add that I feel cheated considering that back when I just started the game, I explicitly asked some of our top modders about what I would need to get to Hickory, and the only necessary thing that was mentioned to me was to speak with Mona. Now, with all my little spare time to play ToEE, I finally got to Mona with a Chaotic Neutral party and found out I can't get her quest because I'm CN and at the same time my characters have low diplomacy. Couldn't anyone have told me all this before?...

Now I have to cheat to get to Hickory. So, well, the cheats ARE necessary after all... :(

P.S. I'm not sure if this is true for Chaotic Neutral party only or may be true for any other alignments.

- Agetian

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  10. Agetian

I'm playing the Hickory mod right now and, even though I had to cheat to get there :evil: , I would like to say that it's a really great mod! Wonderful job, Krunch, I'm really enjoying the experience. It must have been a lot of work, and it really shows. A simply marvellous mod, a really nice hack-and-slash with good stuff to find and certain surprises that I really enjoy.

Keep up the awesome work!

- Agetian

11. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I really like HB. It brings back fond memories of the old days of hackin"n"slashing with orcs and such. Great addition to the game.

12. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Re: Krunch

Hmm...some changes were made recently...I need to look in to and check what exactly was changed and how it was changed. Okay, that is my added assignment to my task list for this weekend.

13. krunch

krunch moving on in life

from other post...

Hmm...some changes were made recently...I need to look in to and check what exactly was changed and how it was changed. Okay, that is my added assignment to my task list for this weekend.

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Could you add a townmap to that assignment please?

15. Agetian

Yeah by the way, a townmap would be awesome for the Hickory! The map is so huge that it's quite hard sometimes to learn where exactly you've been and where exactly you haven't been yet. This is currently the only drawback I can think of in this mod. :)

- Agetian

Our Host!