Hickory Branch MOD (new)

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by krunch, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@Ax Thrower: check ur Co8 PM mail

2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

!!! update

Someone is working on something new for my new mod. I'll announce who and give a slight hint later this week. *w00t*WooHoo*

I am taking time to take a close look at some AI strategies used in my new mod before final release. Plus, I am working on some details of my new mod before its final release.

I worked on one computer, literally, most of this past weekend. I still have much to do for that computer to be finished...I'll be happy when it's done.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Comment: I can't wait to get home tonight and finish that computer so I can get back to working on my new mod. *sigh* Maybe I can get that computer completed early tonight, start modding and get back to it? :D

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Okay, as I promised, here is an update, some things to look forward to in my new mod, Hickory Branch.

(1) *** Cujo RULES *** Cujo, the Father of Modding ToEE Graphics,
    is working on some graphic eye-candy for me to use in my new mod. My new mod will be released after I receive his graphics for something real special and put it in place. (There are some things I am still working on, too.)

(2) Did I mention anything about a weapon, [insert Cujo's name here], or no? Well, I just did. Hopefully, the weapon will make it in my new mod.

(3) yes, my two new maps for ToEE - one extremely large outdoor map [the size of Nulb] and one new room map

(4) Some new NPC-type monsters [one real kick-butt Boss] and several related new monster variants along with their comrades will be in my new mod, all with a new "fight theme".

(5) My super new variant of a rare monster will be in my new mod.

(6) Expect to be surprised many times and be ready to have lots of fun.

5. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Really looking forward to this Krunch :)

6. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

Krunch, what PC levels do you recomend be played in the Hickory Branch mod? I'm looking forward to it, and I'm going to leave a saved game at whatever is the appropriate level so that I can come back to it and play it at the right difficulty.

7. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I will say this for right now, your party will have to do something specific [already in the game] before my new Hickory Branch MOD becomes available. If you want to use an existing game save, make sure you have a game save that is 100 percent prior to the Moathouse Re-Spawn MOD being activated.

8. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

When does the moathouse respawn? I haven't been back there yet after clearing it.

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

That is part of a different mod and is something for you to discover. :D

10. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

Krunch... reading the above I then can assume that it is not going to be a standalone module...

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

It is its own module, with all of its own content. Just like you have to do something specific to be able to travel to Verbobonc, you have to do something to be able to travel to Hickory Branch. This is because we cannot edit and add to the ToEE World Map.

12. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

If I may interject, here...

This is an adventure that will be it's own modification to the game, not a stand-alone dungeon module. I suspect it can be activated with the front-end once completed, like a plug-in type of "module". But, it isn't the kind of module like I think you two are confusing.

Perhaps a clarification of terms is in order?

13. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Correct, Hickory Branch is an add-on adventure that requires characters from the ToEE game...it is not like KotB where you start with a new group of 1st level characters and is not stand-alone as in has a pre-generated party of characters...You will have a party adventuring in ToEE that can travel to Hickory Branch for a particular focused adventure with various surprises where if you are not careful, your party becomes dinner for some monsters.

I will add to that and say there are lots of [many or several] completely brand new modded "things" in my Hickory Branch MOD that you have never seen, faced or fought, and killed or died from before. Plus, both of my new maps are entirely 100 percent brand new.

My new mod is not about dialogue and fedex'g about and doing quests. My new mod is about a challenge to "kill ***** and destroy ***** " with a new delightful "fight theme" with some sweet eye-candy that should impede you and test your grit.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  14. Dragon_Awakened

Dragon_Awakened Wandering Warrior

Killing off a warlord? Will this bring up a large scale battle meaning say 20-30 orcs backed by a couple of trolls? I'm a fan of big battles. I'm not asking for details just wondering if something like what I put up as an example (the 20+ orcs and allies.)

15. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Patience is a virtue. Please, wait and see. I don't want to give away too much. In this sense, less is more.

Our Host!