Hey Phalzyr A Request.........

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by qwert_44643, Oct 4, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. qwert_44643

qwert_44643 Member

Phalzyr,
    Any way you could re-enable the merchants that appeared right after character generation so the player could buy their own equipment.
    Id be happy to test it for you as well.

qwert
    (Unofficial Official Circle of 8 Beta-Tester)

2. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

It would of probably been hard-coded in the exe, but since you start with plenty gold, and get plenty later I don't really see this as a problem. You only get in one fight before you are dropped in first town(depending on alignment soem don't fight at all) and then you can buy your own equiment. The first fight is too easy to really matter so all you really have to do is a little hunting after getting to hommlet.

BTW right now I'm only doing the really really simple stuff, so maybe it'd be more viable to ask another modder like Co8 that are handling the actually harder fixes. I just got into it enough to know how to edit dlg files, the spells, and the py scripts a little(very little). I really wouldn't even know where to look for your fix if it was doable which I doubt very much.

3. qwert_44643

qwert_44643 Member

Ok thanks.
    Its doable.....i think it was exitum said it could be done.
    qwert

4. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

Hmm well then ask him. Though he might of already seen this thraed since I surely didn't view it 90+ times :) Sorry I couldn't help you maybe this weekend I'll dive into the wroking a bit more and see how thing work but for no I'm sticking with simple dlg and mes editing...

Our Host!