"Hendrick, Culbert, and Luz"

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Gaear, Sep 27, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

I think NPC deaths aren't recorded in the log book...

2. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

Well I figured I would resurrect this old thread instead of start anew.

Background, destroyed Golden Orb and given 4 days by Prissella to attack Zuggtomy.
    Went down throne room elevator on main temple floor. Talked to old women and trough Dialog no fight began. Greedy thief went to throne and ripped out gems from throne Zuggotomy banished for 66 days and cut-scene.
    While exploring found door in middle of room on Zuggtomy's level and preceded inside no door to return on level 4 of temple. Came up on Hedraks room from behind and dispatched wizard and other guards, knocked Hederek down and he summoned IUZ.
    Tried to Parlay with Iuz (diplo-scroll dialog option), but no dice and he attacked.
    Proceeded to slaughter my party until all I had left were two rouges who ran in different directions.....St. Cuthbert never appeared.
    One rouge found door down fire corridor and fled combat and ended up back on Zuggotomy's level where the door was I went through.
    This is my first time with the Iuz Battle and it was an oh crap moment as one poster had put it, but here are my questions?

1. probly 10-12 rounds went by before fleeing and no St. Cuthbert..If I read Gaear previous post correctly this was from my run and scatter tactic (also known as cowardly fleeing) that kept Hedrek and Iuz away from each other. Just want to confirm this.

2. Now that I have fled if I return..is Iuz still there, can I take on Hedrek without him resummoning IUZ?

3. what level do most hit this fight at I was at my 5 PC were 9th and my 3 NPC were 5,6, and 7th respectfully. The Hedrek battle with his giants and Gargolyles went fine it was Iuz that decimated me.

4. After Zuggotmy is defeated or I just release her to the Abyss without a fight as in my case can you still enter the nodes?
    I say this because I thought the door in the end of the fire hall (in the center of the red circle) off of Hedraks room would of brought me to the Fire Node when I fled but instead I was back in Zuggtomy's area where I entered lvl 4.

5. Well finishing up this party on 7.6 and since I don't plane on ressurecting my fallen comrades from Iuz's wrath maybe see how much my 2 remaining rouges can last in Verbebonc (at least I assume I can get there now), and when they die download 7.8

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  3. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I think you employed a glitch I noticed when I was playing 7.7.0NC

Namely that Pischella doesn't attempt to remove the elemental gems from your possession when you give her the skull to destroy.

Consequently you don't have to have the gems and therefore don't need to enter the elemental nodes in order to banish Zuggotmoy. I feel sure there should be no legitmate means to enter the elemental nodes without alerting Hedrack - as he has access to true seeing and there are lots of ears in the Greater Temple.

At least there should be Watchers as per the Tower at Cirith Ungol on each passage leading to the nodes.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That's correct. The primary reason being, the routine glitches if Hedrack and Iuz aren't close enough to talk to each other.

There's no scripting to remove him in cases like this, so yeah, he will probably stand around waiting forever. You probably could get St. Cuthbert to still bail you out (including rezzing your dead) if you lured Iuz back to where Hedrack is.

Seems like it should have been the Fire Node. I'll check it.

I think it's always been that way, hasn't it? I don't recall there ever being restrictions to access the nodes in ToEE. You just wander in.

5. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

Thanks for the reply's

I thought I went through the fire node door so was surprised to see myself back in Zug's area.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I was in combat mode and used the flee combat option from the radial menu, instead of just going through in non-combat mode. I only say this because I have never seen anyone else mention this issue so just looking for a difference. maybe I am the only *wimp* to flee this combat.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Yeah, you were probably not even using the door at all. IIRC, flee combat (when available) takes you back to the last map you were on. I don't think you can use doors (the area transition portal kind) in combat.

Our Host!