Help a noob

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by MR_Krinkle, Jun 6, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

What level are you?

Have you finished the Fedex quests, what about Delko grove, Emridy Meadows, and have you gone fishing near Nulb?

Make sure everyone has a magic weapon and good armor. You can always just do some walking on the world map to farm some XP. If you run into the other adventuring party, kill them and take their stuff, if you feel you need someone else, and you run across the wandering bard, he is actually pretty good fighter and archer, as well as a backup healer and spell caster. his stats are amazing good, you'd be lucky to roll his numbers.

I feel a good gauge is when you can handle multiple trolls, you are ready for the Temple's lower levels.

2. MR_Krinkle

MR_Krinkle Member

I remember a while back when I was in the temple trolls only got hurt by acid?
    Whats the fedex quests? Remember I can't download the custom content at the moment. I done EMridy meadows but still need to kill the hill giant. Will check nulb tomorrow.

3. General Ghoul

I know you are running the basic game, probably better to enjoy the expanded content on your next run, it will seem like a different game.

Fedex quests back in Homlett, talk to everyone you see, some need you to do things for them, one opens up another world map. Most are inter-connected, A wants you to do X, but to do X, you need to do Y for person B, etc. There are a few of these in Nulb as well, including a way into the Temple, but I don't recommend going that route until at least 4th level.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Myself I just wait until they're on their buts and introduce them to my friend Grace ... Coupe De Grace, that is!

5. MR_Krinkle

MR_Krinkle Member

I have done most of them in homlett. I will see about the nulb quests today:yes:

But thanks for the input. I will defenally get the new content next month when my cap gets renewed(I only get 3gigs a month)

I defeated 3 trolls with no problem. Just can't do lethal damage:thumbsdow Need some advice.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  6. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

The radial menu has Coup De Gras, which is a killing move on unconscious opponents. Once you get the trolls on the ground, use coup de Gras to kill them dead. I think it's under attack options. Or you can deal lethal damage to trolls using fire and/or acid, but that way just takes too much energy. Coup de gras is the best option.

7. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

acid & fire are the only two things which can kill of a troll. Spells like Acid splash(lvl 0), Burning hands (lvl 1), Produce flame (lvl 1), Flame arrow (lvl 2), Melf's acid arrow (lvl 2), etc are THE essentials if you're hunting trolls.
    But first you just incapacitate the trolls with your normal weapons, and once they're on 0 or less HP, then you let loose the spells on them. Happy hunting! ;)

8. MR_Krinkle

MR_Krinkle Member

My party is leveling nicely. I caught some wench stealing from me and I ended up killing every one at the inn in nulb. Got such goodies of there corpses.:evilgrin:

9. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi
    Just so you know, you don't need ANY spells to kill Trolls. Granted hitting a group of them with Fireball or Flamestrike makes it easier to do so because they won't "heal" that damage. As Sir Chet pointed out all you have to do is reduce them to 0 Hit Points, select "Coup De Grace" from the Attack section of the radial menu and click on the trolll.
    The Royal Canadian

10. MR_Krinkle

MR_Krinkle Member

Thats non-lethal points hey. And once they are knocked out then do Coup de grace.

11. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Mr. K
    You are correct. Once they are "unconscious" and laying on the ground you can use Coupe De Grace (or as I like to call it CDG) them.
    The Royal Canadian

12. MR_Krinkle

MR_Krinkle Member

Awesome. So I completed all the quests in the 2 towns and I think I am ready for the temple(I defeated 3 trolls)

13. General Ghoul

So you went fishing? I always got my arse handed to me their until I developed better tactics.

14. MR_Krinkle

MR_Krinkle Member

Yes I concentrated on the hag and the behemoth toad and then dealt with the darn lizard men. I had found the bard that wonders around and got him to join me.

I was wondering if hiring otis is worth it?

15. MR_Krinkle

MR_Krinkle Member

I have entered the temple. Were you get the robes. Were should I go from here?

Ok so I am doing a quest for the fire temple. I have to get the ogres to join me, do I have to use non-lethal force or can I kill them?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
Our Host!