Helicopter game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shiningted, Jul 29, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I used to love flying a Blackhawk in BF1942's Desert Combat mod, and I am wondering if anyone can recommend any other games that allow you to fly a chopper. Preferably ones that don't cost much ;)

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

Airwolf, Gunship, Gunship 2000, Comanche...

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I enjoyed playing RC Stunt Copter on the Playstation way back when, it's a Remote Control Helicopter simulator rather than a more standard Copter shoot 'em up, but you can do tricks and stunts and the in game commentary on your piloting skills is often hilarious.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

If you like flying helicopters you might try an inexpensive drone. I got a $60 version for my birthday and I'm having a blast flying it around in the back yard. It's great for terrorizing the dog. :D

It's kind of a helicopter, but it has 4 rotors.

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

There is a company, Propel, taking advanced orders now for their Star Wars quad copter drones with working lasers, 4 types being produced including the X-wing, Millennium Falcon, Darth Vader's Tie Fighter and a Speeder from Endor.

I can't imagine they are all to the same scale, and I'm unsure if they register 'damage' from incoming laser hits from the other drones or if the lasers are literally just for show, in either case they could be fun.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks @ConjurerDragon et al, I'll give these a try. @Allyx - never could get into any of the X Wing games, I bought a game pad and everything. And I was the most ferocious Star Wars gamer (JK / JO / JA / SotE) you'd ever care to avoid.

I recently heard of a poor fella who trained himself to be an expert model chopper pilot, in the hope of landing some camera work in Hollywood. Then they invented drones, and that was that.

I write this listening to Zuma - that's not relevant, but has to be said :)

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Whatever you do, don't play GTA San Andreas because of the helicopter section. (Or maybe it was a plain? Can't remember now, probably because I blacked it out. ;)) I don't play many games and I quit even fewer, but I actually quit that one over the helicopter/plain section.

8. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

That Propel site says "not available in the US or Canada", so I guess @Shiningted will need to be our distributor from the land down under.

I'm curious what these'll set you back.

9. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

Our Host!