Health care reform

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necroticpus, Jan 20, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I can't believe I'm saying this. But, it has to be said.

I saw Obomba a couple of nights ago attacking the big health insurance companies on TV. Now, I'm not normally an Obomba supporter but it sure did give me a chubby listening to him take it to these sheisters that are making money hand-over-fist from other people's misfortune. I hate the health insurance companies more with each passing nanosecond, especially considering I work for United @$$care, one of the bigger rip off artists that Obomba was slamming.

I hope all insurance companies become taboo, swept into the past like all other world tragedies that have happened and looked upon with shame forever afterwards, not to be spoken of unless you wish to get thrown a sound beating or maybe a shoe in the twins.

2. Necroticpus

So, the dems want to throw out the idea of health care reform because they don't want federal money used for abortions. Odd. If it was still the good old days, that would have been a staunch conservative perception. Funny how times change, and not for the better. The feds paying a one time fee for abortions instead of a lifetime of healthcare would reduce healthcare costs in the US by 50%, if not more, I'd wager.

All the wrong-headed fanatic anti-smoking wingnuts would have to find something else for their witch hunts. They can't possibly even begin to say with a straight face that smoker's healthcare costs would come even close to the money saved by aborting millions of welfare children that would cost oodles and oodles of scratch beginning from the first day of their lives.

I'm all for it. Start making people responsible for their own children instead of someone else always having to pick up their slack, such as every working consumer in the US.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Obama passed up visting Oz for this???
    I see every republican voted against healthcare for the 50 million USians I am told don't have it. So your conservatives are like ours: not worth feeding.

4. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

Can someone clearly state what mr. Obama changed in American healthcare system?

From previous posts I've understood that currently heath insurance in US is not cheap, so workless and aged people can not afford it and have to use "free" state-financed insurance, which is bad and does not cover a lot of medical issues, although aged people need much more medicine than young.

5. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Yes, I can clearly state what has been changed: Nothing.

The law doesn't go into effect until 2013. But since there will be a law, things will start changing before then, hopefully for the better. But, it won't be free, someone has to pay for it.

6. Necroticpus

The rich will continue getting richer on the miseries of the poor, the exact same way it has been since man became preeminent.

7. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

I have a friend who does at home medical transcription for doctors, has her own business and 4 employees besides herself and her husband. Says the docs are already cutting back on staff and she is losing accounts because they are switching to diy methods.

8. argikt

argikt Member

I'm from spain, here medical care is free for all, also for illegal inmigrants, this "fantastic system" has a lot of problems for the users:
    -abuse for illegal people
    -grannys lives in the hospital because they dont have any think else to do, collapsing the system

With all the problems I think is the better system, in civiliced countries, healt, education and safety must be goverment garantiee

good point for USA

9. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Ted
    The ironic thing about the Republicans and health care reform in the USA is that the first American president to propose National Health Insurance was Teddy Roosevelt: A Republican, and until this bill was passed, the President who had come the closest to getting National Health Insurance through Congress was Richard Nixon, another Republican. The problem with the current batch of Republicans is that most of them are so conservative they wouldn't change their underwear if they didn't have too. Personally, I think the Republican Party should change it's initials from GOP (Grand Old Party) to either POD (Party of Death) or POW (Party of War) as those seem to be the only issues they are in favor of (the Death Penalty and unprovoked wars). I agree that they aren't worth feeding, unfortunately they are like some bacteria, they can draw energy from sources that are deadly to all other forms of life.
    The Royal Canadian

Our Host!