Happy Sad

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Nickolovski, Jul 6, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Herk

Herk Member

I just did some testing, shortswords are not finesse-able for small characters because they are of the small size category also, so are considered medium-sized for them. The weapon size must be one size smaller than the creature size, so halflings and gnomes can only finesse the weapons of the tiny category. The regular medium-sized rapier is an exception for medium-sized characters as you said, but...
    ... indeed for small creatures the rapier has also to be tiny to be finesse-able. Per the rules it shouldn't be the case, it should be sufficient if the rapier was of the small size category to be finesse-able by a halfling or gnome, but it doesn't work in ToEE (tested).
    Besides the tiny rapier, I think there's only the kukri, which is an exotic weapon in this game, that has the same critical range, 18-20/x2.

2. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

Interesting. At the moment I'm planning to use the dagger of venom for my halfling rogue. It has the poison enhancement that will go nicely with all the other enhancements my cleric and wizard can craft on it.
    I can't make holy weapons, sadly, but I'm ok with that. All the other enhancements will make it super powerful.
    Then again there is a limit to how many enhancements I can place on a weapon. Maybe the poison effect will take up an enhancement slot that would be better spent on something else. Especially as she advances in levels but the DC for the poison doesn't.

3. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

Sorry to trouble you but I'm having difficulty understanding this. I have the gog.com version. I've done a Google search for Temple+ but not sure what I'm looking for.

4. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

I just crafted the cool looking blue greatsword into a +3 flaming,frost, shock, keen, icy burst, shocking burst. Somehow my wizard gained xp and received a bunch of gold.

5. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

Also for some reason it's doing negative damage.

6. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

You have too many enhancements on that weapon. In number 1.15 of the guide it says you can craft a weapon to a maximum of +3 and add FOUR enhancements. In the moment crafting a weapon does not cost XP and gold but earns them you know thereĀ“s something wrong
    http://www.co8.org/community/index....le-of-eight-modpack-new-content-edition.8742/

7. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

OK cheers.
    I've just installed Temple Plus so crafting has changed and my bard's Inspire Greatness is working. Happiness. Thank you for the information and please ignore my previous posts of not knowing what to search for.
    Now my problem is I installed it on the resolution setting default in the Temple Plus configuration. I can't change the resolution in the game options.
    It's too big and my characters are minuscule.
    What to do?
    Sadness again.

8. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

Current unwanted resolution is at 1280x1024x32.

9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Use the Temple+ configuration file to reset your resolution to a smaller one perhaps? The one with all the options you used when you installed it.

10. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

Oh that was very easy. Thanks.

11. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

The upgraded version is great. Is the weapon enhancement Speed a +3 bonus?

12. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

Speeded up my Weapons. Haste is now voided but gives my Bard something else to do. I tried to recruit Meleny again to use her XP to craft Shock damage onto a weapon but after testing a few times it doesnt seem to work.
    She's at 9th lvl but not now in the party, she's my go to for Barkskin scrolls.

13. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

So I've installed Temple Plus. The game is even better. Praise be to the Crafters!
    However a few issues. I can't open the game from the normal shortcut. When I try to, it tells me the saves are unopenable. So every time I start, it is from the new Temple Plus setup. Not really a problem but is this normal?
    Also I can't seem to make multiple scrolls anymore. I had 30 Barkskin scrolls and loads more multiples of other scrolls. When I cast one scroll they are all used. My 15 magic missile scrolls disappeared in one casting!

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

If you are using Temple+ you no longer need to use TFE-X to run the game.

Only use TFE-X to activate a different module (Vanilla/Co8 8.1.0 NC/Standard/KotB/Icewind Dale - assuming I finish it).

Also don't use the Temple+ config tool to launch your game, only to change settings.

Instead use the Temple+ launcher, there should be a shortcut for it under Temple+ in your All Programs list in Windows 10.

As for destroying multiple scrolls when casting - either use wands instead of scrolls for now, or use a different character to carry the stacks for tour caster until you need another.

If Temple+ has introduced this bug, @Sitra Achara and his Temple+ team will need to address the issue.

15. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Yeah the scrolls bug is known and fixed for the next version. It's a big update so it's going to take a little while. Apologies for the inconvenience, but if you're crafting so many, wands might be more economical anyway (with Temple+ they get 50 charges when crafted).

Also as Like Allyx said use the start menu shortcut to run the game.

Our Host!