Happy Sad

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Nickolovski, Jul 6, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Fragarach is great, just be sure to have a second weapon for him for Salamanders and the Balor encounters... AFAIK the AoO infinite loop (in which the Swords of Answering's weilder gets an instant Attack of Oportunity against an attacker whenever it's weilder suffers damage, but he then takes further damage from the fire aura surrounding certain monsters causing the infinite loop) is still a thing we haven't fixed. (?)

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Fixed in Temple+ ;)
    Though IIRC there was also a workaround to break the loop by pressing I to enter the inventory.

3. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

I've crafted item on Fragarach. Added some energy damage. Sadly I didn't take the good domain for my cleric so no holy damage. I'll have to use the holy ranseur for the Balor.
    Another question. Maximise - worth taking? Can I make maximised scrolls?

4. Allyx

Fragarach and Scather are both Holy and Chaotic BTW.

5. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

Need help multi classing. I've got a fighter 9th barbarian 1st. Thinking to take rogue so he can tumble and add more damage with sneak attack. And I want evasion at 2nd level. He's a half Orc with massive strength, low intelligence, good dexterity.
    Concerned about the 20% xp penalty. Thinking it might be worth it as he doesn't really have much to choose from left with fighter bonus feats and Uncanny dodge from another level of barbarian doesn't excite me.
    Is the xp penalty real?

6. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

Yep the xp penalty is real. Just tested it on a troll. 11th rogue got 54xp, fighter 9th/barbarian 1st/rogue 1st got 43xp. He was penalised exactly 20%xp.
    Mmmmm to take the penalty or not? My cleric and wizard are a level behind from crafting. And my fighter/barb./rogue already kicks ass.

7. Allyx

Yes the xp penalty is real, Half-Orcs favoured class is Barbarian, so your barbarian levels will not count towards multiclass xp penalties.

8. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

Yep got that. Do you think advancing with rogue from mow is worth the penalty?

9. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

On another note my bard's inspire greatness doesn't seem to work.

10. Allyx

Personally, I wouldn't have taken the Rogue level at all for a level 9/1 Fighter Barbarian, IIRC Temple+ added greater weapon focus feats, and expanded on Barbarian's higher level abilities too.

I prefer to single class all my characters, but people play however they want, and that's fine too.

11. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

Fast movement from the barbarian and rage is great. Already have greater weapon focus/specialization greatsword. Not sure I want to focus on another weapon. Wish I had taken it for the holy ransuer.
    Might start taking them for longbow. He has QuickDraw so it helps.

12. Allyx

Inspire Greatness is fixed in Temple+ which can be added to your existing installation, and will not require you to restart your game. It will however require you to use it's own launcher instead of TFE-X to run the game.

13. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

Ok thanks, not sure how to do that. Will look into it.

14. Allyx

Use Google to search for Temple+ download it, install it, run the config tool, setup your options and direct it to your ToEE main directory, launch the game, wait for it ro auto update, exit the game, then use the Temple+ launcher to run the game.

15. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

Ok will do. Thanks!

Our Host!