Great work & a few bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by yetanotherwizard, Jan 6, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. yetanotherwizard

yetanotherwizard Member

Great work with the modpack, it made my second playthrough that much more enjoyable (and playable), but there were quite a few bugs (i definitely saw a list of bugs on this forum some time ago, but it seems I can't find it now)

missing dialogue options: just numbers and no actual text, encountered in hommlet (the spying/sabotaging worker), verbobonc (the master assassin), also some other locations that i can't recall right now (all those should be known, i think)

Weird lvl9 wizard spells: when reaching lvls 19 and 20 my wizard could select three additional lvl9 spells to learn that were not there on levels 17 and 18, they also didn't show up in the list of known spells afterwards (and therefore couldn't be prepared), the spells were "All Die" :yes:, "Enslavement" and "Infatuation"

No XP gained by killing the white dragon at the end of the verbobonc dungeons with "finger of death", killing him with damage spells gave the normal xp.

Inventory buttons moving/vanishing: Once (not reproduceable), the "Use an item" and "Drop an Item" buttons moved/vanished while i was looting the extraplanar chest (very nice btw), one of the buttons was suddenly above the inventory window and stayed there even when the inventory was closed, the other one completely vanished, nothing i did ingame could restore them, but a reload fixed the problem

dominated creatures get a saving throw every round (or at least the "saving throw failed" appears every few seconds), i never dominated anything with a high will save and never had one break free out of combat, so i can't say if they really got a save or the text just appeared, but several definitely broke free during combat (no creature ever stayed with me after the first combat after the combat in which it was dominated, possible reason: aoo)

attacks of opportunity: for reference, my character was a solo wizard with martial weapon proficiency (ranseur, only weapon used), combat reflexes and enlarge person active in every combat. yep, cheese.
    - moving next to someone wielding a reach weapon should provoke an aoo, but it does so only in about 10% of all cases, however with enlarge person active i got an aoo in about 95% of all cases. those numbers are for monsters, i provoked one every single time (but that happened <5 times, so no real significance here)
    -dominated monsters are treated like undominated ones for purposes of provoking attacks of opportunity, meaning that my wizard frequently aoo'd my dominated monsters, which broke the spell.

prices of wands of spells with material components are very wrong, a wand of identify should cost 750 + 100*charges, similarly a wand of stoneskin should cost 21000 + 500*charges, as it is crafting a wand can be cheaper than casting the spell that many times

2. maalri

maalri Immortal

missing dialogue options: just numbers and no actual text, encountered in hommlet (the spying/sabotaging worker), verbobonc (the master assassin), also some other locations that i can't recall right now (all those should be known, i think)

This is a known issue with the latest release- and I am sure it's being worked on

Our Host!