Grease

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by gunsrcool, Feb 26, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. gunsrcool

gunsrcool Member

I have finnished the game 4 times now (without the mods 'cause i can't get them to work.my fault not Co8's) and i just used GREASE for the first time.It kicks ass for a low level spell.....Does anybody else have any good spells that get over-looked for the usuall ones like magic missle and fireball?

2. ardee83

ardee83 Member

I use the heck out of daze, flare, and sleep. Also fascinate on my bard works very well for single encounters. All very low level spells but they work great for crowd control.

3. dolio

dolio Established Member Supporter

I don't know how commonly used it is, but invisibility sphere can be amazing in this game (I overlooked it at first because I'd only played NWN before, where I didn't find it very impressive).

It's a 3rd level spell, but it effectively works like greater invisibility (4th level), only it affects multiple people, and is a stationary area effect. The last part sounds like a disadvantage, but not when you have a sneak attacking archer rogue. Just park your ranged attackers behind your front lines, cast invisibility sphere, and now they've got 50% concealment, +2 to attack, and the ability to sneak attack. This alone is a devastating tactic against, say, Lareth's crew at the end of the moat house.

Like grease, glitterdust is useful until the end of the game.

I'm not totally sure what all spells are commonly used, though. I actually don't use much magic missile or fireball or the like, because direct damage magic rarely seems to be the most efficient use of a slot (unless you're fighting ochre jellies or something).

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

effective = sleep + web + charm + grease

Our Host!