Google Ads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taluntain, May 21, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Established Member Administrator

Site Advertising

As you've probably noticed, the ads that have been displaying on the site for the last few days are served by Google. As such, these ads only pay a few cents (usually under 10 cents) every time they're clicked.

There has been a grand total of 10 clicks on the ads thus far. I'm not asking anyone to go crazy clicking on the ads (because that won't work anyway). But I would like to emphasize that no clicks means no income from the ads to help pay the bills. So if you do see an ad of interest, please DO click it, because it WILL make a difference. There are no hordes of other people clicking the ads. There's just you.

Google ads are the cleanest advertising available, but if the end result is that they don't bring in any money to cover the bills, I have to look at alternatives that will. And those that would be available for a forum-only site are nowhere near as clean as Google.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well I can honestly say I have clicked on an ad or two here in my time.

Umm, mind you, nudging people to check out the ads on my blog got me an angry letter from Google (after a couple months). Might wanna delete this thread in a day or so when the regulars have all seen it.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Established Member Administrator

Well, I think it shouldn't be an issue considering I'm merely stating the facts here, not trying to get anyone to start overdoing the clicking... as I said, click on ads that interest you. If nothing that's showing right now interests you, there'll be other ads coming along in due time. It's just the awareness that's important. I'd love nothing more than to be able to host all the sites without any ads, but in real life, a bill for the server comes in every month...

Our Host!