Golden globe of death destruction....SPOILER AHEAD

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by younes, Jun 4, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. younes

younes Member

Hi,
    I'm having a little bit of trouble destroying the orb.
    Pyshella (Burne's assistant) is in my party, and I have gathered all the ingredients required, but I cannot trigger the destruction dialogue either with Pyshella or Burnes.
    So I had to remove Pyshella from my party and go talk to her. At that point she initiated the "aid" dialogue and proceeded to the destruction of the globe (Pretty pitiful special effects for the destruction of such powerful orb!...but that is beside the point).
    Now, I tool back Pyshella in my party (she was a member since the beginning) and she now has the orb and all the ingredients in her inventory! and the orb is still usable.!!
    Can this affect the ending where both the orb and Zuggy are destroyed?

Thanks

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Probably won't effect the ending, no - as far as the game is concerned, the 'post-Orb' Zuggy flag is up and thats who you will be fighting.

I'd ditch the Orb though - you don't want to trigger a 'got Orb in Inventory' encounter with Iuz or someone at the wrong moment.

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

There are six possible final outcomes.

[EDIT] ***** SPOILER *****

It seems the ending you get is determined by five things:
    1. whether or not you've destroyed the Orb and reach her in time
    2. whether you talk to the Old Woman first using the character with the Orb
    3. whether you've not yet found the orb and entered after beating all four elemental planes
    4. whether you allow her to live during the fight, and what you do with the ensuing conversation
    5. if none of the above, refusing or accepting the pillar of platinum.

-> Here are the 6 different END GAMES.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  4. younes

younes Member

Hmmm, I have also found the following at The Sorcere's Place:
    "The official walkthrough indicates that a character with high enough scores in both Intelligence and Wisdom can enter into a battle of wills with Zuggtmoy. The winner enslaves the other. My attempts at testing this out didn’t get anywhere. I suspect that a character needs 24 in both Intelligence and Wisdom by virtue of a Headband of Intellect +6 and an Amulet of Wisdom. If you succeed, you get a separate ending".

One of my PC can achieve as high as 25 Wis and 24 Int (boosts from +6 crafted items), but still I cannot get Zuggy to obey to my will.
    Is such thing even possible? I could check that myself if someone can help me find Zuggy's .dlg file. Maybe the are some clues there.

Thanks

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Your party has to be evil to trigger the 'Zuggtmoy surrenders to you' ending - otherwise, you need the feat slippery mind to win a battle of wills against her.

Our Host!