Gods, domains, and more gods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Half Knight, Apr 16, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

O look, the Drow get a CG Goddess, Eilistraee. Its like a bad movie. :sadblinky

I see Semuanya only just snuck into the upgrade under 'Other'. That was a close thing.

3. Sachmo

Sachmo Knight of the Crown

Apart from reading fantasy books and playing the odd RPG on the Pc, I haven't delved into the Fantasy/RPG world too much and am not a hardcore fan. But to me a CG deity for a drow seems ridiculous.
    From the parts I've read of the Drow world there civilization is pretty much run on succeeding by any means possible. Which generally includes lying, cheating and murdering. It was quite a common practice to murder your competition to make a gain and if you manage it without getting caught, you are to be admired.
    I guess things have changed since I've last read about them.

I guess it means that Drizzt won't be that special anymore as there should be a few Eilistraee followers who will take a similiar path to him.

4. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Actually, i really like Eilistraee :rant:

Yeah, i'm a big fan of Drows :roll:
    I'm not a Drizz't fan (i like the novels and the charcter, but still i'm not a fan), and i always liked Drows cos they have a good, detailed background, and probably cos i really love their look (i mean the designs)

But Eilistraee it's more based on Faerun's setting, where Drows are trying to go back to the surface since Elves are gone a long time ago (but they're returning precisely cos the Drow menace).

She's a surface godess, who promotes the drows as good creatures, and tolerance over other races. It's not like we have now a bunch of Drizzts running over there, the main bulk of their followers are half-drows, and some normal elves who seek the "union" of the race as a whole bunch (Drows are not considered elves by them)

In any case, it's a beatiful elven maid, who dances naked under the moon once a month...i'd rather follow that, than a old guy with a missing eye and hand, and will crush your skull with a hammer if you don't do what he says * ;)

*no, i'm not talking of Vecna

Our Host!