Ghast Hang Up

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by yeancientone, Feb 19, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. yeancientone

yeancientone Member

ToEE with Co8 modpack:

At the first ghoul + ghast fight in the Earth temple, one of the ghasts just can't decide to do with his turn. I've known this to happen before so I went and made a cup of tea. Still waiting. Then I left the game on overnight. No luck.

It seems to happen when he's low on health - he takes a few turns before hand without issues. Has anyone else encountered this and do you have a solution?

One theory I have is that you kill him before he gets to that fatal turn, so maybe a series of attacks that will kill him in one go might work?

My first opportunity to say this - thanks so much to Co8 for their modpack - fixing one of the greatest tragedies of our times!;)

2. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

There are lots of hangups like that, especially in the fire temple and fire node areas. Also when Scather take it's automatic attacks of opportunity later in the game. I've also notice it happens sometimes when you turn undead and the run away and you have to chase them down.

Just save after every encounter, then if things get stuck like that for more than few minutes open your task manager and shut down the program and restart from your saved point.

3. yeancientone

yeancientone Member

Thanks. I've been saving regularly, so maybe if I go back to my older saves I'll have some luck. I'll also see if it's an attack of opportunity thing too.

I think these ghasts were given their own portraits in the Co8 update; very attractive!

4. yeancientone

yeancientone Member

And done! Earlier save did the trick. Thanks for the tip.

Our Host!