Getting the Assassin to attack... (spoiler)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ShadowDragoon, Feb 6, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

How exactly do you get the assassin to attack your party?

I had run through the Moathouse, killed everybody, stole Lareth's stuff, and then went back to Hommlet. I sold Lareth's armor, boots, and necklace to Rannos. So, me, thinking the assassin encounter was in Nulb, continued on to there, and did several quests, including buying the house. So, I spend a few in-game days there, before remembering I have to get the Target of Revenge for the encounter in Nulb. So, I turn around and go back to Hommlet. I do a few more small quests there, then try to spend a night at the inn. No assassin. I head back to R&G, barter with them, and buy back my Lareth gear, selling it to Gremag this time, just to see if that would work. I also talked to the courrier and bribed a shortsword out of R&G. Went back to the inn, rested again, and still nothing.

So, what am I doing wrong here? I never encountered the Assassin before, and I really want to see the encounter.

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

The assassin attacks you when travelling on the open road. Try "Passing Time" for a few days, then hitting the highway again to see if you can force the encounter. Looks like you've gone for less than a week of game time without having it, and it might take some more.

3. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

Ah, thanks. I thought I read somewhere that the attack happened in the Welcome Wench. Well, thanks for clearing it up. :thumbsup:

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

the assassin can attack with the target of revenge quest, if you sell the boots and then become a target of revenge. otherwise you'll be attacked one day in the wild by him.

5. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

hmm, i never realized selling Laroth's boots triggered a quest. I always give them to ELmo with the armor.

I've never seen this quest triggered.

So how buffed is the assassin? Is it a drow assassin?

does it show up in the final titles after killing the lady of fungi?

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

He's quite buffed, he's not Drow, and I forget if he turns up in the final slides. Its a bit right out of the original module (except now he doesn't speak your alignment language ;) ) that has been improved by Co8, depending on when you encounter him.

Our Host!