getting back into kotb

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by txwad, Aug 30, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. txwad

txwad Member

My initial foray into the KOTB worked great and I can even see two saved games. I am having trouble now. I may screwed things up by downloading the ToEE Co8 patch and playing that game a couple of times.

Quick note, I am virtually certain that I installed microsoft .net 2.0.

So, now I am trying to get back into KoTB. First, on my computer, I searched for and found kotb.fe. I ran the program. I got a message saying that the program must be started with the ToEE folder. Below that it says "make sure you have installed the official Toee patch 2." Does the reference to Official Toee patch 2 mean the official atari patch or the Co8 patch? Assuming the latter, I think I have installed that patch! When I read through the documentation, I see that I should not have patch 3 and I should redownload patch 2 if I had previously downloaded patch 3 ages ago (I think I did but not sure). There is a note that some people might need to download patch 1 first and I think I did that but I am not sure.

Second, I tried to load the kotb game through the ToEE front end (I had previously played the Co8 v5 toee), I get a message that "the instruction at 0x2112ddba referenced memory at 0x01c07e38. The memory could not be read." What the heck does that mean?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Needless to say I am sure I am not as IT-sophisticated as many on these forums, so if you give any advice please keep the explanation as simple as possible.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ugh! I hate to say "do a reintsall" but that sounds like what you have to do, especially if you think you may have installed Atari patch 3. The reference to 'patch 2' is to Atari patch 2, not the Co8 ToEE mod: KotB is a seperate module that does need or interact with the Co8 ToEE mod in any way.

If the KotBFE isn't starting as you say, it means it doesn't think it is in the right folder (the ToEE root folder, alongside ToEEFE). If it was working before, it should still be there unless you moved it. If so, put it back ;) But I expect you didn't, so I think you will need to redo the whole thing. Sorry.

Patches 1 and 2 are available HERE, if you need them. Both the Co8 mod and KotB have full install instructions: I'd say put in the Co8 mod first, patch it up to 5.0.6 with the CMF, then do KotB and its CMF.

Our Host!