'Gator country...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord_Spike, Aug 9, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

...for sure!

I spent Sunday paddling here in the swamp with some of my friends.

'Cause I can't mod.

Kind of looks like how I imagine Imeryd's run might look. I Didn't actually get to see any of the big reptiles, but they are known for a fact to dwell here. Just as good that I didn't see one after all, I suppose...I'd probably shit my boat if the critter was big enuff.

*Note to self: install means of safely transporting bullet launcher in kayak*

The paddle trail runs along the edge of the lake, and leads one into a feeder stream that goes a good way from the lake proper. GPS had us slightly over 2 miles from the landing. It was quite difficult getting a 14' boat upstream in a creek better suited to the 10' variety driven by my friends, as the creek turned every 20' or so. But mine does kick ass for speed in the open water. A huge log blocked further progress, and we had to turn around. Going with the current is always more fun, and we made it back to the lake in short order....

Alligator-free.

:grin:

Attached Files:

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Gators are little pussies compared with the Salties from Aussie :yawn:

3. Lord_Spike

Quite right. Our gators die in the salt. I'll never be boating with those terrors of yours. Things down under are generally way more nasty than what we've got here by comparison. All those millions of years of isolation.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Forget the gators, it's the Behomoth King Frogs yopu need to watch out for.

BTW, anybody ever think that a slide of a picture like these would be cool to show before entering an area, just to show that life in Greyhawk does exist outside the 1/3 Isometric view or whatever it's called?

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Don't worry guys, salt water crocs only eat tourists :eyebrow:

Did you see any swamp lotus? Damn I CANNOT find that stuff! Wtf is a 'swamp random encounter' anyways? Mine are almost always on river roads, very occasionally (if heading bizarrely cross country) in forests.

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Speaking of wild life someone ran over a wallabee* the other day stupid thing was running away from animal control and hopped onto the road and splat (we have wild wallabees in Canterbury, we go shooting them)

*a small kangaroo

7. Galuf the Dwarf

Galuf the Dwarf Member

Up here in Connecticut, we've got Snapping Turtles. I remember seeing someone dump a live one on a bank (towards a small body of water), and man, those things look nasty without acting like it! :yikes:

Besides, from what I've heard, Snapping Turtles can chomp off parts fasting than you can scream. Then again, we've got black bears and moose coming in, and cougars do inhabit the forests. Talk about the savage north, eh?

8. Lord_Spike

All that & more live here as well. The spanish left 'cause of the damned fire ants, but not el legarto. Just goes to show you which is nastier.

BTW, Ted, is this what you're looking for?

Attached Files:

Our Host!