Galeb Duhr CR 4?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by camelotcrusade, Nov 8, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. camelotcrusade

camelotcrusade Head Boy

I was in the earth node today and got the floor wiped iwth me by 6 Galeb Durhs... I loaded and went in with a different strategy and beat them, but only barely.

They have 15/-- damage reduction, damage resistance 15/-- (to most elements), spell resistance 15, about 100 hit points, and attack twice for around 8-15 damage.

After I beat them, I was shocked to see they were CR 4. The Monster Manual II says they are CR 9... wtf?

Surely there could be some middle ground....

2. akbar

akbar Member

I'm having the same problem every time I enconter them they wipe out my entire party with little difficulty.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Didn't we just have this conversation somewhere?

They are certainly tougher than CR 4... does anyone know if their CR can be altered in protos.tab or somewhere? I haven't hacked the game in weeks, i could do with an excuse. ;)

4. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

Killing Galeb Duhrs

The best way is using Scather or Fragarach. In an earlier post, I suggested that this is why the game, after multiple playings is too easy. Once you know what works, you stick with it.

The two aforementioned swords easily mop up the earthies, but make sure healing is around to keep the character alive. Very little else works ( and I had weapons of the UTMOST magic available Frostbrand mighty cleaving, frost, icy burst, flaming burst and holy, and it was not as nearly as good.

Happy fighting.

5. camelotcrusade

camelotcrusade Head Boy

Thanks for your helpful post, Blackfly. I think my trouble was that I've played ToEE so many times now I'm also trying wacky party's that can't handle every fight so well -- a part of a bunch of mages and weak fighters has to do a Chinese fire drill around these things and summon walls. Eek!

Our Host!