funny pic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by krunch, Oct 16, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Maggit:

Is that a John Clease character portrait? hehe to funny, that skit is a classic. It's my favorite right behind the "The Bird is no more" another classic.

2. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

I think John Cleese was not playing in this sketch...
    There was Graham Chapman (whose role was played by
    the leatherworker this time ;)), there was Terry Jones,
    Michael Pallin and probably Terry Gilliam (the third guy).

Hmm I really should have made a white bandana... I could
    make a character look like Mr Gumby talking about the battle
    of Trafalgar.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  3. maggit

My friend sent me this. Quite funny. Try to find as many game characters
    as you can and you'll get a cookie. ;)

http://dahr.ru/n_86b.htm

I'll post the answers later. I must say, I knew almost every, though some
    of their depictions were quite amusing. :]

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

umm, duke nuke'm, a cyber demon, pyrimid Head from silent hill, a clone trooper, the guy from half life, someone from final fantasy #, that dude from halo, the undead prince from warcraft 3, some monster from starcraft, alien vs predator, the prince of persia, starcraft ghost, the MDK dude, the bad guy from KotoR, thats about all I "know".

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ted's 4,500th post!

Have a classic (have I posted this before?):

Attached Files:

6. maggit

@Cujo
    Don't tell me you didn't see the Vault from Fallout and the obvious reference to
    Might and Magic 6 (my personal favorite).

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I didn't see them cos I've never played those games before. A list of who's who in that pic would be good.

8. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I like this card

[​IMG]

9. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Why would pilots from Auz attack canadian forces? :shrug:

10. Shiningted

Yeah, its a bit dated... it refers to a friendly fire incident in Iraq back in the early days of the currrent war, when a US pilot hit some Kanuks by error. The "hope i did the right thing there" cockpit recording of the moment was quite widely reported.

11. Lord_Spike

The cockpit voice recordings were from the incident where A-10's struck British armor. It was stupid & unnecessary, as there were clearly orange panels on top of the vehicles which were struck (copy & paaste to your browser):

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Transcript_of_the_'friendly_fire'_incident_video_(28_March_2003)

The incident involving Canadian troops occurred during a night fire exercise by an anti-tank team on a target range in Afghanistan (they use missiles and machine guns):

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/2002/tarnak_farms_report.doc

To save you a lot of unnecessary reading, please refer to pp12-15. The pilots fired back thinking they were being fired upon. Totally different, yet no less tragic. I think whoever created that card is mixing these incidents up. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive here, but I don't find it all that funny when you consider the lives affected on both sides of the incident, particulary for the ones who's lives are gone forever...and the loved ones they left behind.

12. Shiningted

No, not being overly sensitive at all Lord Spike: SomethingAwful.com excels at offensive humour, reactions are only natural. And I stand corrected on the details: although for accuracy's sake, could there have been a second incident involving friendly fire and Canadians? Not trying to disparage our troops here - such things have always happened in war - but the way I recall it, it was an incident involving Canadian troops that led to this card being made, and the "hope i did the right thing there" comment was invoked because, although an older incident, it was still fresh in the minds.

Feel free to ignore this post if its not something you wanna keep discussing.

13. Lord_Spike

It certainly could be, but I have yet to find anything to show this. I'll post it up if I do. I've even looked in SomethingAwful, to no avail. It's just so very cavalier, and smacks of someone talking sh!t when it isn't their ass on the line.

14. maggit

Gah, I had two links to the pictures with answers and none of them works... -_-'

EDIT:Thankfully I found one more... and corrected some errors. :p
    CLICK HERE FOR ANSWERS TO THE GAME-PUZZLE

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  15. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Sorry if I'm keeping the pot boiling here, so to speak, but these were precisely my thoughts as well when I first saw that picture.

It's the very definition of talking out of your ass, and I think it speaks more to the cluelessness of the speaker than anything else. (Including supposed 'poignant' social commentary, if that was really the intent and not just cheap humor.) :thumbsdow

Our Host!