frontend error 0xc000007b

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by nyarlathotep, Mar 16, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

When I try to open ToEE from Frontend, I get this error message. Is there a solution for it, or am I bound to just use the official patches & miss out the Co8 modpack?

Thanks in advance

2. Oerdin

Oerdin Member

I have a similar problem though my error message reads as follows:

"0002: Error: One of the game folders can't be accessed! Make sure no other application uses any of the game folders, then try again."

I'm using the Windows Vista 32 bit OS and the regular game works fine but for some reason I can't get the Co8 mod to work. Anyone have any ideas?

3. nyarlathotep

I give up... I'm doing an ininstall, going to install BG2, after I've finished that, I'm going to format my pc again and then I'll see if it'll work better. Because patch 3 is a major bugfest still...

4. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

Patch 3? CO8 mod is incompatible with patch 3. You're only supposed to install the official patch 2 before installing CO8. That's almost certainly your problem.

I believe that's described explicitly in the How-To install procedure thread, btw.

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3300

Qwinn

5. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Patch 3 never did work and never will. Delete it and re-patch 2 over it. Everything from 3.0.4 on is fixed, so patch 3 serves no useful purpose. An original vanilla game with patch 2, humble_npc and max hp, and the pc patch counter works okay and no front-end errors to deal with.

6. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

I think he might have maybe been implying that his options were reduced to patch 3 given that co8 can't be installed, but since that stinks he's out of options.

@ Nyarlathotep: No idea why co8 can't work for you, but if you can get patch 2 installed, and are just hoping for something stable to play, you can add just Moebius' temple.dll fix and a no-cd crack if you need one. That'll get you playing almost entirely bug free.

7. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Oh come on! It is possible to play Co8 without the Front-End
    and that's how I'm forced to play. You just have to change
    the folder names from 'data.co8' to 'data' and 'modules\co85.0.0'
    to 'modules\toee' and 'modules\co85.0.0.dat' to 'modules\toee.dat'.
    Now just copy the the temple.dll from modules\co85.0.0 to the game's
    root directory. Then clean the cache before the first launch and voilĂ .
    It should be working like a Swiss watch.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  8. nyarlathotep

I'll keep that in mind for when I re-installed ToEE... because the deed is done, & now I crawled just out of the dungeon wrenching longbows from goblins ;)

Anyhow, it has been too long since I played BG2, and it's a welcome change from the eternal dungeoncrawl that ToEE is.

And yes, I know patch 3 is supposed to be evil, but after ToEE crashed (with patch 2 & Co8-mod), suddenly frontend died on me & I only got that horrible error. Didn't know it was possible to play Co8 without frontend.

9. nyarlathotep

Just a question, are moebius & Co8 compatible with each other?

10. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

AFAIK Co8 has moebius's fixes in it.

11. nyarlathotep

OK, thanks!

12. nyarlathotep

well, re-installed toee, and when everything was set and done, started via fe...and now I've got 0xc...135 error. And my pc was formatted:no:

I say, no worries, time to test "keep"... and frontend sez 'no' ...135 :chainsaw:

So I do the import-rename thingy, and then I can't loot properly & the metamagic is still dodgy...again :chainsaw:

Anyhow now I just play vToEE + patch 2 + moebius, works allright....pfffiou... Now I only hope metamagic will work how it should, for the rest, no probs yet :touch wood:

I think I'm going to join the frontend :poop: -ers

:chainsaw:

13. nyarlathotep

Well, just to keep you peeps informed, I finished ToEE for the first time, thanks to moebius.

Metamagic is still dodgy, but meh...

It was quite weird even, never new that stealing the *spoiler* in the *spoiler* behind Zuggtmoy would spoil her. And that at lvl 8 :transform

But now I'm just repping up my CE party ;)

14. brewbeard

brewbeard Member

I was getting the 0002 error with the 'make sure no other programs are accessing the game folder' and everything, and was having all sorts of wonderful fun trying to get it to work properly. After reinstalling the microsoft net framework 2.0 and every other fix I could find for it, I ended up just moving the Frontend folder (not the .exe) out of the game directory and it started working. I'm not sure if it'll keep working, but the game launches and seems to be working properly. I'll post again if I have any problems.

15. nyarlathotep

theheehee, there's a nice glitch in moebius. Look at the picture & spot the glitch :pelvicthr

[​IMG]

Our Host!