Freud, Jung and dream interpretation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necroticpus, Oct 2, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

:chainsaw:Hitler only had one ball, like the phallic symbol here.

2. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

That's interesting.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I dreamed I was sitting on the john and my dog was laying on the floor in the bathroom, (he's been dead for about 4 years now) he looked up at me and said open the window.

What's funny, the dream didn't freak me out or anything.
    I always did consider him more than a dog, guess it just makes sense that he could talk ... no?

4. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Yes, but what about the pickles?

5. Necroticpus

It has to be a deep-seated low self-esteem due to the myriad rejections by women you have suffered over the years and is rooted in your subconscious. It's either that or you just simply do not like your own pickle and wish you had been born a woman?

One or the other, which is it? :poke:

Either way, it's clear you carry much guilt about something and punish yourself for it.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  6. Necroticpus

I had a dream once a long time ago when I was on a date for the whole weekend with the same woman and we went down to Minneapolis, stayed in a hotel and went to the Rolling Stones concert at the Metrodome with Living Color opening. I paid for absolutely everything and she wouldn't put out and the dream that I had the night before we came back to Duluth was a bunch of women were tearing strips of flesh off of me and eating them.

I believe part of the reason I had this dream was because, first, she didn't put out, and second, we went to the greek place, Natchio's, on Lyndale and Lake for lunch and they have strips of lamb hanging in the window to make their gyros with.

Can you believe it?! The nerve of her!

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Let's be a bit more restrained with the ribbing, Necro. :gotmyatte

8. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

Perhaps you have a secret desire to be a rock star?

Personally, the Queen would never throw away good pickles like that...silly women anyway.

Pssst! Maybe you should ask GA82 to introduce you to his green woman? She might have a friend...

9. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Like any good Evil Scientist, I made her. And, of course, my green creation got the better of me. :sadblinky

10. kio11

kio11 Established Member

your dog signifies a will over you. in this case secretly, like manuplation. and it tells you to do something very risky.

bathroom signifies your state of mind i guess.

11. kio11

kio11 Established Member

that possibly signifies your other dates. we do not dream about the objects that we saw during the day or somewhere in our memory, but the memory of the object compares and signifies something related to the meta meaning of it.

12. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Really? I just thought that he picked up on the rather unpleasant odor we were sharing in that small room at the time. ;)

btw, for the 17 years he lived we were almost inseparable. I think my dream was just me missing my best friend.

13. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

A little from column A and a little from column B. :poke:

But then again they were pitching, not throwing the pickles. Almost like an offering...

14. Necroticpus

I just woke up from the middle of a dream. One of those types of dreams that is reminiscent and makes your heart ache because of it.

The dream was me and the rest of the fellas in my very first job right out of high school back in 1987. It was working at the Duluth News Tribune And Herald for minimum wage, $3.35/hour, graveyard shift, inserting ads into the main newspaper. It was a very informal type of job, working in the basement of the newspaper where there was ink and paper pieces and plastic strapping and wooden pallets and large machinery and pallets of ads and newspapers stacked 13-15 rows high. Everyone joked around constantly and there was a lot of camaraderie between all of us, between 20-30 people every night. Running around and jibing and ribbing everyone between newspaper runs and sometimes during, and our "boss" was especially cool. He encouraged the fun and didn't get down on anyone unless they went way the hell out of control, which almost never happened. Maybe once or twice in 3 years.

The only difference in the dream was that it was all of that I described above, with all of those same people I remember but we were all of our ages now, some 23 years later and a little worse for wear, but still joking and kidding around and meeting each other again after 23 years and picking up right where we left off as if that 23 years was never missed.

I wish I could sleep and dream forever and never have to be awake ever again in the waking world. The dream world is an absolute good.

15. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Which is the dream world?

Our Host!