Forge Ring Feat Won't Work

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Sir Anrap, Feb 11, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sir Anrap

Sir Anrap Member

Hey all, new to the forums here.

I just took the forge ring feat for my cleric at 12th level, but I can't find it in his radial menu. I don't mind if the feat won't work at all, as I can simply change it, but I would like to play with it if I can.

Can anyone help?

2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Well, I'm not sure why it isn't in the radial menu, but you shouldn't take it anyway. For the temple.dll fix at least, the skill was added with an eye to the future, in case anybody wanted to code some rings to forge. It can be selected as a feat, and (for me at least) does show up on the menu, but there is absolutely nothing available for forging. The readme also says he didn't code anything for this, just made it available for other coders to work with. Not sure if co8 did anything with it, though. Perhaps they did. Either way, it should appear in the radial menu....

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

your Forge Rings works in the radial menu?

Mine doesn't, or craft staff either what config of patches were you using? I've added rings under the craft wondrous item list, and staves in craft rod but i'd like to give it a go to stick them where they should be.

4. Lord Plothos

I just had patch 2 and temple.zip.

5. Allyx

you didn't have the co8 patch?
    what happened to take it back out then? i've got all 3 official patches, the templ.dll and co8 patch.
    I'm gonna try and crack this nut

alright clean re-re-re-install time.

6. Lord Plothos

Is it possible you had an older version of temple.dll? I know the first one I had didn't work nearly as well as the one I have now.

7. Allyx

which one has forge rings in the radial menu? the one you have now? or an older one?

8. Lord Plothos

I actually don't know if the older one had it there or not, but the one I have now definitely has it. I just double-checked, and there it was. It opens an interface like the wonderous items box, but there's nothing to select.

While we're on the subject, any idea why icy burst does negative energy instead of cold damage and why adding keen to my longsword did nothing to increase the crit range?

9. Allyx

i'm not sure why but shocking burst does ice damage! so i guess someone got the numbers mixed up, Negative energy is caued by Unholy weapons isn't it? Item_creation.mes in the Data\Mes folder has a list of effects for crafted weapons you could try re-numbering them to see what happens.

10. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

What version of ToEE are you running again? Official Patch 2 and the temple.dll fix? Any of the Co8 patches?

With Patch 3 installed, Co8 3.04 and moebius' temple.dll I don't get the Forge Ring and Craft Staff radial menu options, even if my characters have the required level. :shock:

11. Allyx

Got it, with patch 1&2 and temple.dll, livonya's kids, and morpheus' arena of heroes just stick this in data\mes and the whole thing is sweet!

Attached Files:

• mes.zip
      File size:
      1.2 KB
      Views:
  12. Morpheus

Allyx: You mean I shouldn't install patch 3 if I want the forge ring option to appear. ???

Did you post the right file? It doesn't contain any entries for Forge Ring and Craft Staff.

13. Allyx

I didn't put patch 3 on, it seems to work ok Including looting, the changes I made in the item_creation.mes were the numbers, the prerequisites for crafting I did in the last zip I posted, I just moved the numbers of the items (in protos.tab) to be displayed in each list from Craft rods for staves, and craft wondrous items into the brackets under the heading for craft staff and forge ring respectively, as the items are already in the protos, description, long_description and item_creation names_files you just have to change where to display it.

I'm not sure if it'll work with specific magic weapons, because you'd need 2 menu's ones you can craft, and specific ones, I like the sword of lifestealing myself, It reminds me of my final fantasyVII days especially if you have a character with spikey blonde hair!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  14. Morpheus

Hm ... Methinks you posted the wrong item_creation.mes. The one in the zip file above is from the /data/mes folder, but the one you probably wanted to post is the one that can be found in the /data/rules folder.

15. Allyx

oops my bad!

You were right. Try this one then.

Attached Files:

Our Host!