Fix Suggestion: How to make rogues use ioun stones

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by taltamir, May 3, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Allyx

Ummm, put in the 'stones to head, multi tools-&-bard slot' protos.tab (from here, not from other thread with extra weapons) and it loads and plays fine - been using it since u put it up in various incarnations - but today I started a new party (CN) and in the opening vignette where u have to hack a chest, i failed, checked my dice rolls and found i was getting minus 2 for not having tools eqipped. I checked, sure enough there were my starting tools, in the new slot, i took em out, stuck em back in - went in the new slot, refused to go in old slot, all good - picked locks again, and dice rolls were again at -2.

Bugger.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I've had a look again at protos.tab and tested, your right, it say's no thieves tools, trid adding usableitem - no help, Icould add a circumstance bonus to remove the penalty, would that be ok? It seems to only check for thieves tools in the original slot.

Last edited: May 8, 2005
  3. Shiningted

Now thats service :-D

4. Allyx

Ok that is that fixed, but now the breakdown shows -2 penalty due to no thieves tools and +2 bonus due to thieves tools, but I can live with that.

5. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

and is there a +4 for masterwork theives tools?

btw, I use the no CD exe. I don't know if that makes a change.

In fact, I haven't reinstalled the game since 4 formats ago. (game is on drive E, windows is on drive C. I formatted drive C and reinstalled windows). With the fixed exe I just make a shortcut and run it. No more installing... I don't think I have even seen the disk in a year.

6. Shiningted

I'm such a n00b

What do i do Allyx? Just reload the file from the previous page? And how does it differ from the one on the thread with the new cleric weapons? Cause i would like to give those a try, but didn't see them in the protos.tab from this thread.

7. Allyx

Yes, +4 for masterwork thieves tools

Which no-cd are you using? I've tried all three but get CTD's when looting Lubash or the spider tower chest at the moathouse - I don't think it's due to my files but could you give me some feedback on this one please?

8. Allyx

Yeah that one should work fine (although thinking about it I forgot the description.mes files again - d'oh) I' add those now but they're also in the cleric weapons files.

On second thought I think I'll pull both downloads, and stick 'em in a new thread - this dual threading bussiness is tricky stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!