Feedback/Issues With FanFix 1.1.0

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Phalzyr, Oct 14, 2003.

Remove all ads!
?

Do you like this Fan Fix

1. Yes, Very much Thank You!

47 vote(s)
    88.7%
  2. Somewhat. Too many non bug fixes

4 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. It is ok.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No. I hate mod releases completely

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. I Can't get it to install!

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

Fell free to comment on it all you want.

2. Niallad

Niallad Member

I had to run home on an errand and I took the opportunity to download and install the patch at home. I started the game just to make sure it ran but that is all I had time to do. I will play tonight but I am happy it is ready to play as soon as I get there.

3. qwert_44643

qwert_44643 Member

I personally think the work you guys are doing is great and i appreciate all your efforts.What id really like to see is more new craftable items.......the more the better.
    qwert

4. Meiron

Meiron Member

Hmmm, after installing 1.1, I keep Crashing to Desktop whenever I enter a new area for the first time. I think this only happened after I picked up Spugnoir (the mage in the Inn who only wants scrolls) to complement my Barb/Fighter/Cleric/Rogue/Sorc group along with Meleny.

Is anybody else having the same problem? So far this has held true for every building in Hommlett and for most of the Moathouse as well. Return visits are OK though. No other problems noticed so far.

5. gygaxian

gygaxian Member

Thanks again.

My requests for future patch:

1) remove the Spell Resistance Check from all Conjuration spells (like Glitterdust, Cloudkill) to match the 3.5 rules on the matter.

2) fix monk unarmed damage so it increases when Enlarged, in the same way weapon damage currently increases.

3) remove the ability of monsters to make attack of opportunity when blinded, or against invisible opponents

There are more important issues to fix, but Im thinking the Troika patch team will get around to them.
    My list above, however, is likely to be overlooked and never fixed :( I think my list is fairly important too.

6. bigity

bigity Member

I am getting CTDs all the time now, usually when switching areas but sometimes just seemingly at random. I don't have Spugnoir, I do have Melany, and my crashes are happening in Nulb and the Tower. I also got a CTD once when I selected Craft Arms and Armor from the radial menu (although it did work at other times).

7. ArgentLupe

ArgentLupe Member

No crashes for me. Everything seems to be working properly. Saw katanas for the first time in the blacksmiths inventory in Hommlet. Removal of fog was pure genius!

Only thing I didn't get was the snazzy new red mage robes that were mentioned somewhere. Then again, I may have misread that post.

Thanks again!

8. JHunz

JHunz Member

AlanC9 on the Atari forums:

9. loyalp

loyalp Member

I can't even vote in the poll.

Here's what happens when I run the .exe:

[​IMG]

10. vigabrand

vigabrand Member

don't know if this is a co8 bug or a normal bug, but this only happened after I installed the patch. I kicked Falrinths butt, but when he went unconcious his body disappeared and I see the message that he is constantly regenerating, but he never appears, even hours later.

11. Phalzyr

try this installer I just made, though keep in mind it'll think it is seperate program probably so make sure to uninstall before installing newer fanfix. http://www.kasec.org/toee/fanfix1-1.zip

BTW If you menat their was no poll option for you look again :)

12. bigity

bigity Member

Figured this out. It had to do with the ole dwarf wearing silver full plate mail. Everything works fine with the gold plate mail.

13. BlueTensor

BlueTensor Member

Just wanted to say thank's for your work, even though I don't know if I'll play the game anymore. I just had a charecter suddenly get made to have a permanent dex of 1, and didn't notice until all of the save games had the problem. It's not a restoration issue - it is a white number permanant score. Anyhow, I've downloaded and installed the latest patch, but am too frustrated to try again at this time.

But wanted to say thank you to the people making patches anyhow.

Sorry about the ranting - needed to whine.

14. Phalzyr

For those few who say too many non-bug fixes, waht would you like optional. I put this link also on the mirror area.

http://www.kasec.org/toee/fanfix1-1.zip - This installer allows you to choose whether or not to install these optional features: Brothel fix, Fogless Town, Blacksmith selling MW, Potrait wizard, Ioun Stone CREATION(I actually left them in just removed ability to create I don't think anyone sell them so..).

What else if I can would you guys like to see removed out to be optional?

15. loyalp

loyalp Member

Excellent! That worked just fine.

Thank you.

Our Host!