Feats, feats, feats. AGH! (spellcasters)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by mrbunnyban, Oct 30, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. matmaisan

matmaisan Kobold lurker

Amulet of natural armor is also a pretty nifty item, since natural armor stacks with other armor enhancements. It is useful for everyone from the monk to the front-line tank. I consider this alone a good reason to have a druid crafter in the party.

2. TOEEHamster

TOEEHamster Member

I will prefer an amulet of health. I had a cleric with the right domain to craft the amulet of natural armour but chose to make health instead, its more versatile. Plus you don't have to wait that long to get the "best" version.

3. mrbunnyban

mrbunnyban Member

Amulets of health are indeed superior, as the constitution bonus goes up to +6 (2 points higher than Bear's Endurance). Amulet of natural armor maxes out at +5 natural armor, but so does Barkskin. So the best combination would be having the amulet of health and casting Barkskin.

4. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

The advantage of Brew Potion over Scribe Scroll is that anyone can use a potion. I found this very useful for giving all my fighter-types healing on the fly, somewhat freeing my cleric up to contribute with buffs or debilitating spells on the enemy.

None of the metamagic seems all that useful in ToEE.

And yeah, a druid with Craft Wonder is probably the best overall crafter given what's implemented in ToEE. The druid gets the widest variety of stat boosters and that ever-useful Amulet of Natural Armour. (Gloves of Dexterity and either an Amulet of Health or Natural Armour for everyone by the time you're exploring the third level of the Temple is a reasonable goal.)

5. Radish

Radish Member

I rather like Bestow Curse and Slay Living, so I'm considering Spell Focus (Necromancy) for my cleric. Possibly a terrible idea, but I'm considering it all the same.

6. mrbunnyban

mrbunnyban Member

Hmm. Craft Wondrous Items is available at level 3, but in spite of picking up absolutely everything that's been dropped I can't afford to make much at all at level 4. Could have taken greater spell focus enchantment for my wizard until I had enough money. What levels did you guys start making your stuff?

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I always craft a helm of reading magic (to ID potions), and vest of escape (works as masterwork lockpicks and free action) and a brooch of shielding at 4th level, other items I craft include belt's of giant strength +6, gloves of dexterity +6 whenever i can afford to craft them.

8. mrbunnyban

mrbunnyban Member

Oooooooh, excellent suggestions! I could kiss you. MUACKS! :kiss:

9. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I pick up Craft Wonderous Item and Craft Arms and Armor at 3rd and 6th level, but I normally don't start crafting hardcore until at least 7th level when my cleric gets Holy Smite.

If the game allowed you to slowly increase stat boosters, like you can in the PNP rules, I'd probably start making some +2 stuff earlier and slowly build it up as level. As it stands now, I just make +6 stuff as soon as I can afford to.

Our Host!