Fear of Ghosts help

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by chiech22, Jun 4, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Elravager31

Elravager31 Member

No, he was the first one I killed if I remember correctly. I didn't spare anyone in the ambush actually so I'm not sure what's going on. I tried just going back to the moathouse swamp , but of course the water monster did not spawn because I haven't talked to the third ghost. Really loving the new quests and I would love to be able to rest in my castle.

Thanks for the reply and any other thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

When you click on the ? (Lower right corner of screen) a window opens up and in that window it says temple of elemental evil, or Co8, it's the first line on top.

Click on it and see if it says your version is 8.0 or 8.1.

3. Elravager31

Elravager31 Member

When I click the ? it opens the help box that states Circle of Eight at the top with the help menus below and when I click on Circle of Eight, the box that opens states that it is Circle of Eight Modpack Version 8.0.1 New Content Edition.

I had started with just the 8.0 and played until right about the time I purchased the castle, then I updated to 8.0.1 but when I launch the game with the Circle of Eight Modpack shortcut, the module that's highlighted still shows 8.0. Then once in the game, at that help menu, it states 8.0.1. So is that correct or did I mess something up by starting with 8.0 and buying the Castle and then updating? Thanks in advance for any advice and help!

4. sirchet

I would recommend anyone having trouble with the last ghost acting the way he should to go back one page in this thread and download the fix in post #54, (just extract it to your TOEE folder).

5. Elravager31

Elravager31 Member

That's actually why I registered with the forum was so I could download the fix. It didn't work for me :(

So that's why I decided to post to see if anyone had any other thoughts. Other than being able to sleep at the castle, does finishing the quest accomplish anything major or will I still be able to complete all the other quests?

6. sirchet

Well, there is a pretty cool scene that plays once you've finished it.

I can't think of any other reason it's not working for you.

Perhaps the .02 patch will have a fix for you when it's released.

And no, it will not stop any of the other events from happening.

7. Elravager31

Elravager31 Member

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next patch. Thanks for your help and advice though and I am really enjoying the new quests and everything!

8. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

1. The "ghost roar" downstairs at the bottom floor is different, it is just a very low growl, may be difficult to hear if you're expecting the other one.

2. Hitting C by itself would not make the ghost visible, he won't join the queue unless you hit him.

Make sure you didn't just overlook him. He should be standing on the North side of the room and does not move around.

9. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

Also, make sure it is night time. If you see the 1st ghost, then rest, it may have changed from night to day while resting and the other ghosts wont show up. You will have to wait until night again for them to show up.

10. Marcus HT

Marcus HT Member

On a related note, I purchased the castle on credit and paid it off (completing the Building Credit quest). Yet, when I use a retirement notice, the closing scenes show that the gnomes took possession of the castle and then got evicted by the town when they didn't pay. Is that supposed to happen?

11. ErikModi

ErikModi Member

Having the same issue, no third ghost. Downloaded and applied the fix, nothing. He's supposed to be in the room right above the draining tunnels, in the "north end," with the aborted staircase and the door down to the tunnels, right?

12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Please note that any do-over attempts with the fix should happen before you've initiated the quest at all.

13. ErikModi

ErikModi Member

Ah, well, that would be a problem, then :)

Retired and going to replay anyway, so thanks!

14. maalri

maalri Immortal

The third Ghost never appeared for me either, like a few mentioned before, though I did hear his low rumble when first entering the cellar after talking to the 2nd ghost. I looked and looked, even targeted with a Fireball all parts of the room (but didn't let it fly, of course).

I verified I was using version 8.01 in game.

I finally had to console the quest complete :(

15. Sanctuary

Sanctuary Constitutionalist!

^^ Yep...worked for me. Ty, Sitra! ^^

Our Host!