fails to initialise

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by tom, Feb 27, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. tom

tom Established Member

Installed the gog verstion of the game. installed the 7.7nc to gog temple of elemental of evil folder and got this message.

application failed to initialize properly (oxcoooo135). Click on ok to terminate application.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

This happened when running the modpack installer?

3. tom

tom Established Member

Please bear with me as i have a migrane and i get confused by computer stuff at the best of times.

This was the program as downloaded from the Toe website. It downloaded ok. I downloaded and installed toe from gog and then followed the instructions on the toe website running the toe program and selecting the gog. temple of elemental evil folder. i hit run. went through the standard box checking banners then right at the end i get the failed to inintilise note.

So it was not at the point later on when you open the toe and activate the new modules.

I did this three times - i removed all previous traces of toe and the gog toe folder to ensure that nothing was hanging around from an previous install then followed the instructions gog first then toe into the gog temple of elemental evil folder but still got the same result.

4. tom

tom Established Member

tried it again this time i got a pop up from my avg - detected toe as a threat - i have added toe to the avg permitted list to see if that helps.

5. Gaear

You should specifically add the file 'toee.exe,' in any location, to the exceptions list.

6. tom

tom Established Member

thanks for the suggestion - did not seam to help.

I also tried turning avg off and then installing toe into into the gog folder but still got the same failed to initialize report.

Is their a thread with step by step instructions for this sort of thing. ?

Cheers

TOm

7. Gaear

Which version of AVG are you running? I've got 2012 installed and it plays fine with ToEE once you add toee.exe as an exception.

Do you have .NET Framework 2.0 or higher installed on your system?

8. tom

tom Established Member

i have avg fee 2013 - although as i said this might be a red herring as i tried switching avg off completley and then installing toee into the gog folder and it still failed to initialize.

As for .net framework 2 or higher i am currently running a search to check but i think so - i have ran the last version of toe ok and have not removed .net since then.

9. Gaear

You might try re-downloading the modpack then. There is nothing fundamentally different between v7.7 and earlier versions.

Our Host!