Extraplanar Chest (Possible Spoiler)

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Greymark, Jul 25, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Greymark

Greymark Member

I started the game over to take advantage of 5.0.

The first (and only time) I cleared the Zombie's out of the moat house I found the chest in a secret panel in a pillar (or at least I think I did).

Is this where it should be? This time that panel was empty. I went back to a few saves and used my Rogue to sneak and take a look. Empty.

If it should be there and it is a glitch can someone give me the console command to create? I never used the console before.

If I am remembering wrong can someone tell me where to look?

(By the way, great job on this mod. Incredible work)

Thanks for your help.

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

That secret panel leads to a ladder down. What you found is the Ghoul's chest in the next dungeon level below. If you don't see a blue ladder icon, then you save is corrupted. You must start a new game, because all of these icons will be gone for the rest of the current game. :goth:

3. Greymark

Greymark Member

Thanks - not the reply I wanted but at least I won't go any farther. Any idea if I did something to cause this or is it a general bug?

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Sorry Spike. He did find an Extraplanar Chest, just not where he thinks he did. It's not in the pillar, but I can understand how he might think that is where he found it.

Before you ask, Greymark, I'm not telling anybody where I put it, and I will frown mightily on anyone who reveals it's location. You will just have to keep looking.

5. Greymark

Greymark Member

Well, now I am confused. I don't mind looking, but should I have seen a ladder? Or is the empty pillar as it should be.

I hope so as I really don't want to go through this beginning part again :sadblinky

Thanks

6. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Apologies for the confusion; I was unaware of this. It's all yours, Blue.

7. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

You should have seen a blue ladder icon in the empty pillar. Try using search in the radial menu with your rogue. If you still don't see it your saved game is corrupt, and you will need to start again. If you don't, you will never find any more secret entrances/exits for the rest of the game.

And yes, you did find an Extraplanar chest, but not in the pillar.

8. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

You're also going to need to clear out all the existing saves in your folder, as one corrupted save seems to "infect" others. Saves generally get corrupted by use of the Quicksave key.

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Auto-save changes on map and quicksave are not viruses

10. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I know they're not viruses, Krunch. Which is why I put quotes around infect. However, it has been a reported problem where the secret door bug will return even if you stop using quicksaves unless you purge all previously existing saves once it occurs.

11. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

This bug can also occur without using quicksave. I've had it and I've never used quicksave in any game, ever. It can also occur without saving the game once (I've had it when houseruling an Ironman game). I think it might be a corruption in the way 'search' skill is either used or stored which begins at either game start as well as being caused by quicksave from time to time.

Stinky bug because it only becomes apparant once you reach the moathouse. And if like me you don't rush off to the moathouse first that's a lot of time wasted in a game when the only solution is trashing the save game files :(

12. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Maybe I have not really experienced the problem because I don't use quicksave and I, typically, don't search [except for new areas or when I know it's needed and a must to do only].

13. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Search is also fired automatically - it doesn't have to be used deliberately by the player.

Interesting that you've never had it though Krunch. That said, it's been a while since I have (that's tempting fate... I know...)

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I've only had it once that I remember, but deleting all the saves worked, so what can u do except delete all your saves?

15. krunch

krunch moving on in life

So, what about not using quicksave and also making a copy of your save files somewhere else on your computer outside of the ToEE game path. If you ever have to delete your saved game files, you could copy [not move] them back to the game save folder and try it again.

Our Host!