Experiencing trouble when crafting.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by JamesTheScot, Apr 12, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. JamesTheScot

JamesTheScot Member

I was experimenting a bit yesterday using the reversion bug in the extraplanar chest to undo some crafting.

I discovered that I have lost the ability to go 4 deep in terms of magical weapon enhancements.

Where before I could go +3 Holy, Flaming Burst, Icy Burst, Shocking Burst on a weapon, I can now only add 3 enhancements. When I try and add the 4th, I get the negative values for price and experience. This used to only happen when you try and add a 5th enhancement.

On about 3 or 4 such crafting attempts, the game allowed me to add the 4th enhancement and it gave me back $ and experience just as the negative cost figures would seem to indicate. But on the 4th or 5th attempt at this ridiculousness, the game did CTD.

I'm wondering if the reversion bug still leaves a relic of the prior crafting even though the description appears to revert to original status?

I didn't go out and use the reverted weapon in combat to see if the weapon had truly reverted nor did I take the successfully "negatively" enhanced weapons into battle to see if they were scoring true to their most updated crafting.

But I thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention in case you are thinking of trying to be cute with the reversion bug to erase your crafting "mistakes".

I'm planning on loading my pre-reversion game file today to make sure I can still craft 4 enhancements. I may load the post-reversion file as well and see if I can go 4 deep on a virgin masterwork item. That would seem to verify whether the 3-deep restriction is limited to reverted weapons or all crafted weapons. It will suck if it's the latter!

Our Host!