Evil questions?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by wizgeorge, Jul 22, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I don't generally play an evil alignment but I thought I'd try Chaotic Evil and see if I could take over the temple. I've botched a few quests but i've got rid of all 4 priests, Smigmal and Falrinth. My #1 fighter has Fragarach from the dead prince, but she's true neutal(Charlotte from the brothel) so no AoO problems so far. I'm basically working for the traders and we had to kill that backstabbing Lareth. Sold his boots and the Assassin came after us. The trader didn't seem to care about Lareth but the Assassin quest triggered anyway. Just did the moathouse respawn with the witch/drow thing. The cleric rebuked the undead and we got them all but 2 skeletons fighting a quasit up in the corner. Went to do the drow encounter and the 2 skeletons came with us and fought the drow! They are still with us and when we went in the inn, no combat. They're in the formation screen also. Is this right? I have no clue on this. The pary is 9th level and Charlotte is near 10th. No console, either.

2. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Wait, wait, wait!
    No problems about a evil party, and all this, and well, have a lot of skelletons with ya its an amazing way to saty alive. Its good th have some canon meat - or, in this case, bone - between the enemies and ya, right?

The question is:
    I've seen some talks about this Charlotte. I was thinking about a internal joke, or maybe a strange alusion of that character of the game Samurai Showdown, but look like I'm wrong - as usual. So, please, shall someone explain about this? There are another whore - hehe! I like this word! Don't ask! - that not Riana to hire in the botrel?!?

3. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Do the skeletons stay with you after you rest? What about resting in the inn? I have charmed all kinds of monsters, but it seems they save vs it every time I rest. When i went back to the inn with a pair of umber hulks and an ogre, nobody blinked, until we woke up from a weeks rest in the combat screen and everyone was mad we brought trouble to town.

I would love to try a solo LN cleric of We Jas, choosing to rebuke instead of turning. Run the Fedex quests on town, then head to the meadows and walk the fringes picking up allies to take to the moathouse, see what a pack of skeletons can do to those frogs.

4. wizgeorge

The skeletons stayed but got killed in a random encounter with lizards/lizardmen.

I cheated and used the S&W.50cal from the witch to kill Senshock and Hedrack, plus a few GTB's. The temple has a new highpriest-mine.

Charlotte is a custom protos/dlg creation of mine. She's not normally recruitable but I like her portrait. Got a mean, drowish look about it. She's a subsitute fighter for Elmo/Fruella. She's mean, naughty and nasty and a great fighter.

5. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Skeletons are great provided that your enemy doesn't use bludgeoning weapons. Bite does bludgeoning as well as piercing, slashing.

6. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Speaking of Senshock, I ntoiced recently that he can show up in different locations. One is his room with the elemantals, the other is the main room with Hedrack. Does anyone know how the games chooses where to put him?

7. wizgeorge

I've never seen him anywhere but his room. Sometimes Barkinar comes out to the main hallway and you get Deggum and the 2 GTB's further in . I've seen Barkinar turn right and go up to the main room, but very rarely. I've seen a troll in the main hallway and instant combat, but rarely. There must be somekind of randomness to it but it seems pretty rare. Conditions in the py script maybe?

8. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

In my last game (solo LN cleric) the troll in the hallway spoke to me and told me the password to turn off the electric boxes. This is the same run where I found Senshock in Hedracks room (after I did not find him in his own room).

9. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

I have founded Senshok at the Hedrak's Hall once - and just once - too. In the elemental room I have meet the all guards and a couple of HTB. The elementals inside of the run goes crazy and beggins to attack ones to another, and the guards and bugbears... A madness! I just stay close of the door and fire some arrows and lightnighs...
    But the things become hard when I found Senshok at the main hall with all the bunch of bodyguards of Hedrack! He cast some defensive spells and then beggins to call summons, each round! Too much things to kill at same time!
    But, as I said, it happens just once.
    And I found that Troll that gives ya the password just in the end of the stairs.

10. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

The troll that gives you the password is in either of two groups that are in rooms to the left and right of the hallway after coming down the stairs near the control boxes.

I have always found Senshock in the main hall with Hedrack awaiting the big battle. The others I have found in different places.

11. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Sometimes Barkinar walks into the electric trap. Might be nice if that could be fixed. I've tried following Senshock down the hallway, but I think he doesn't go all the way to the trap.

Our Host!