Everything about ToEE .DLL hack

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Zoltec, May 11, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

The real purpose of this experiment is to customize hair colors independently for PCs, pregen PCs, NPCs, summoned humanoids. AjiTae, will help integrate the possible max # of hair color(s) into the .dll file, but makes no promises, so this experiment is prone to incompletion. This experiment of course, if achieved, should accomplish the ff. objective below:

OBJECTIVES

* Integrate max number of callable hair colors in .dll file
    * Expand hair color selection specifically for NPCs, Pregen PCs, and summoned humanoids i.e. Pixie, Nixie
    * Change the role of the generic hairswatch as the new alternative storage for modded hair colors
    * Formulate a relevant method in adding more PC base skins mainly for Pregens and NPCs i.e. Black skin for drows, Aquatic skin for sirens. Also to enable armor customizability

BENEFITS

* The user can modify all the hair color content of ToEE hairswatch w/o worries for changes and conflicts
    * The co8 developer can select an array of hair color content for their pregen PCs or NPCs; but limited only to Humanoids i.e. Human, Dwarves, Gnomes, Elves, Orcs
    * Enjoy a new .dll hack, for PC base skin implementation (if AjiTae will still help on hacking). Meaning, we can create a pregen PC, NPC drow without limitations on equipping armaments. The drow willl be given also a permanent dark skin like the generic human skin; (which achievable only through AjiTae's .dll hacking capabilities!)

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Some random .dll inquiries for AjiTae ... (figured I might as well put them here)

These are things that could be of significant use for the modpack.

1. ATM there seems to be a hardcoded limit of 200 maps for the game. (I've found this to be so because attempting to add a 201st - map 5200 - crashes the game.) Is it possible to expand this figure? It would be nice if we didn't have to bunch up so many of the Verbobonc interiors on single maps.
    2. Quite a while ago, Sitra Achara discovered data in the .dll that controls game area designations for maps. i.e., the Grove is a Hommlet area and will be displayed as such in saved games. I'm not quite sure how he did it, but he did say it would be much easier to set these in stretches of numbers rather than individually. Right now we have some maps that either have wrong area designations or no area designations at all. Would be nice to have them all identified properly. Maps are generally grouped in ranges of like areas (including the new content), but there are always exceptions. Areas are defined in the file gamearea.mes as follows:

Code:
      {0}{0, 0, 0, 0 /A Place Unimportant/ }
      {1}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Hommlet/HOMMLET}
      {2}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Moathouse/MOATHOUSE}
      {3}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Nulb/NULB}
      {4}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Temple of Elemental Evil/TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL}
      {5}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Emridy Meadows/EMRIDY MEADOWS}
      {6}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Imeryds Run/IMERYDS RUN}
      {7}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Burnt Farmhouse/BURNT FARMHOUSE}
      {8}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Moathouse Cave Exit/MOATHOUSE CAVE EXIT}
      {9}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Ogre Cave/OGRE CAVE}
      {10}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Deklo Grove/DEKLO GROVE}
      {11}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Temple Ruined House/TEMPLE RUINED HOUSE}
      {12}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Temple Broken Tower/TEMPLE BROKEN TOWER}
      {13}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Reserved/Hardcoded stuff - do not touch.}
      {14}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Verbobonc/VERBOBONC}
      {15}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Verbobonc Cave Exit/VERBOBONC CAVE EXIT}
      {16}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Hommlet Quarry/HOMMLET QUARRY}
      {17}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Hickory Branch/HICKORY BRANCH}
      {18}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Welkwood Bog/WELKWOOD BOG}
      {19}{0, 0, 0, 0 /Unused 4/Enter Description Here.}
      The issue is not with adding/identifying game areas, but with assigning them to specific maps. The expansion range (14-19) was enabled by Spellslinger's .dll fix 16, and his Worldmapper Tool allows for modding them.

ed. This is Sitra's pertinent post on the matter, featuring clues.

I may add more inquiries here as I think of them.

3. XVicious

XVicious Established Member

Our Host!