error 1010 access denied on some sites

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ioannis76, Sep 18, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

As the title says, I receive an
    "Error 1010
    Access denied
    What happened?

The owner of this website (www.twcenter.net) has banned your access based on your browser's signature (afd2c00dfb90737-mh5)."

message when I try to do anything there. I don't get the full version of the site (ie I get a "temporarily stored" version of it), and as soon as I click anything there, I get the above message.
    I can use the default user agent to switch signature, but again I only get one more click for the site (still the "condensed" version). Needless to say I cannot post anything there.

It's weird, because I didn't actually do anything (I hadn't posted in a month or so, therefore I couldn't have offended anyone).

Any ideas? Anyone else with similar issues?

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

It looks like they banned you. The signature reference is not to your 'sig' below your posts but some bit of code in your browser (IE, Chrome, etc.).

I would try to register under a different name to see if you are banned on that too, which would mean a defect in your 'browser signature' as they say. If not, then e-mail them (under your new identity) and say who you really are and ask them what happened.

3. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

Thank you. That's what I call banning out of the blue, and if true, it's my first ban ever. :)
    I've seen this message in sites I'm not registered, thogh, which makes it even more peculiar.
    We' ll see what happens.

Our Host!