Endgame slides

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by nago, Mar 3, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. nago

nago Member

Has anyone seen (or compiled) a list of all the possible endgame slides? I have seen a few partial lists on other sites, but none that were nearly complete. I have played he game through quite a lot and think I have seen most of the possible slides, but am puzzled that I cannot seem to get one specific to a neutral good party (I have seen them for all the other alignments -- two for lawful evil). Also recently I hit on a couple ones I had not seen before about pirates (tolub, grud, morgan).

Is it possible to find the picture and sound files of each slide somewhere on the game cd or is this buried in .dat files or somewhere else?

I would also be interested if anyone has hit upon any neat, humorous, or rather obscure endgame slides.

Thanks!
    Nago

2. scott

scott Member

What does the lawful evil one say?

3. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

If you extract the files from ToEE3.dat, you'll find the text strings for the endgame slides in the folder \mes\subtitles. The text that is displayed depends on how you killed Zuggtmoy, your alignment, whom you finish the game with, etc.

Attention, spoilers. ;-)

I especially like this one:
    "You and Bertram are married in a small ceremony, and he opens a dentistry office in Verbobonc. You live happily ever after."

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2005
  4. nago

nago Member

Fantastic!

Many thanks for enclosing the files, Morpheus! If it is not too involved, could you tell me how to open up .dat files? I thought I saw an extractor file in a post on the mod board, but the links were not working.

I think I have gotten most of the end messages, though I am guessing there are a couple that are not possible to get (the one about killing the vignette NPC and the one about Jenelda). I will have to try to get the Ted, Ed, and Ed one.

One thing I have not been able to get to work is finding Cannoness Yde. I have heard from other posts that she is Mother Screng in Nulb. I have gotten Otis to say "let's go get Mother Screngh" but when we show up she does not offer to join?!? Strange.

Scott, the LE end messages are essentially either: "Hexor is pleased with you" (if you brought Fragarag to Turuko) or "Hexor is angry with you" (if not).

5. nago

nago Member

Ted, Ed, and Ed endslide!

Thanks again for enclosing the list of endgame slide messages. That inspired me to go back and try to recruit Ydey again. This time it worked and I was rewarded with the two Ydey endslides! Even better however was the Ted, Ed, and Ed endslide!

Btw, I found the link to the program that opens .dat files, I was just looking under the wrong thread in the modding section. I will have to try using it sometime.

Our Host!