Elven Mail?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Tazira, Dec 27, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Tazira

Tazira Member

Ok. Having managed to sneak up behind the Hill Giant and steal his treasure (without fighting either him or his bear...) I now have the Elven Mail, Magic Cloak and Elven Wooden Shield.

Here is my line up: Gnome Bard, Halfling Rogue/Fighter, Human Druid, Dwarven Fighter(Female), Elven Wizard. Do I equip this to any of them, or is it really better just to sell it to someone. How much does this differ from magic chain mail or masterwork armor?

Also, having found the evil statue and the ragged note for Terjon, along with the St Cuthbert Artifact, I finished Terjon's artifact quest, but, the note and statue remain. Is there any purpose to either of them, or should I sell the statue to the Wizard Burne? (It's worth about 70GP)

Thanks for the help

2. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

Do NOT sell the Elven Chain!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the best armour in the game. It is equivalent to chainmail. Green gives a +1, Purple Chain, +2(found in the stomach of the Behemoth Kingfrog, at Imyerds Run) and Blue Chain, +3. You can make the other two +3 simply by magiking the armour to plus three with any wizard that has craft magic arms and the best part-- IT COST NOTHING.
    Selling it is a waste. You get excellent protection, it looks great, and is very light (look at its weight). Elven chain is the best treasure, although you wouldn't know it.

In my games, my fighters get the blue chain with masterwork metal tower shields and their AC is rediculous. But you have to earn the other chain types. I am currently running a party of all elves and every one has elven chain. It is a thing of beauty.

3. Tazira

Tazira Member

Currently I have the elven chain equipped to my Gnome Bard. It wouldn't let me equip it to my wizard or my druid (something about class here...) And I have magic chain mail on my rogue and my dwarven fighter.

4. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

The two nice things about the elven chain are the lightness of it (it weighs little, and doesn't slow you down the way regular chain mail and plate will) and the fact that you keep +4 dex bonus (if you have any). Thus, it's really nice for somebody with high dex, but if you don't have a dex bonus, plate may be better for you. Of course, moving is nice too, and it'll let you keep your 30' movement, versus 20' for regular chain.

And the reason your mage can't wear it, is he doesn't have armor proficiency (a feat you could learn, if you wanted to), but even then it'll have a chance to cause any spell you cast to fail.

5. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

Or, you could just give him the Still Spell feat, then you won't have to worry about the armor stopping you from casting spells. A thing of beauty, the Still and Silent spells...though...I don't get the point of using Silent Spell...

Our Host!